Chris Roberts

The only thing I truly didn't like about Prophecy was that no one ever maintained radio silence when I ordered them to.

Shipgate said:
The only thing I truly didn't like about Prophecy was that no one ever maintained radio silence when I ordered them to.

I didnt like that either, and i didnt like how my wingmen would break and attack as soon as we get to a nav, and once I tell them to return to formation after about 30 secs they break off again which really sucks when your wingman is almost dead and your tryin to keep him/her alive for some reason (lol I actually had Amazon die in the first mission on WCP when shes supposed to go with Casey to the Cerberus in SO)

Shipgate said:

Shipgate, no one ever listens to you.

Well, gee, Mr. Roberts, we'd love to let you work on this film... but according to a usenet post some guy didn't like how the spaceships in a movie you directed looked.

(The Wing Commander movie wasn't a *financial* horrible failure, as films go. It didn't cost a huge amount of money, and it surely made back its production costs in worldwide release, licensings and home video...)

Despite some less-than-enthusiastic reviews here in the States, it got a warm reception overseas - particularly in the UK and Japan, I think.

wasn't on general release in the UK. It saw rental in this country, but thats about it excluding pay per view on sky and a showing on BBC etc.

shame, really wanted to go see it in the cinema. well i did stumble over the VHS version about a year afterwards.

I'm pretty positive that the movie was in the theaters in the UK.

This is the best theatrical release timeline i could find on wing commander, the UK release was given as the 25th of june or march i cant remember now, But suffice to say it was not shown in cinemas in the north west of england at all :(

TIMELINE

March
12: USA - theatrical release

June
4: Thailand - theatrical release
7: USA - DVD release [Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment [4112171]]
25: Estonia, Italy, Norway, UK - theatrical release

July
7: France - theatrical release
9: Poland - theatrical release
16: Iceland, Spain - theatrical release
22: Netherlands - theatrical release

August
16: Portugal - theatrical release
27: Finland - theatrical release

September
2: Hungary - theatrical release
15: Belgium - theatrical release
16: Australia, New Zealand - theatrical release

October
14: Argentina - theatrical release

December
23: Germany - theatrical release

May
6: Japan - theatrical release

May
31: Germany - DVD release [Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment]

Anyways, back on topic; whatever happened to that American Knight film he was supposted to be directing?

Conrad is correct, Wing Commander was not shown in theaters in England. Wing Commander has always been fairly unpopular (in terms of both sales and reaction by the media) in England... it did enjoy theatrical runs in most of the rest of Europe.

There have been other ways to get the film in the UK of course, but it'll be interesting to see what it does in the charts here.

Yeah, I'm really overdue. I'm not sure I've watched it since we all had a viewing at DragonCon.

prior to this I had only been able to watch a TiVo recording of a time when it had shown on USA several months back.

Comparing them side-to-side, it's amazing how many scenes they cut out to shave the time down.

Back