Chris Roberts

Bandit LOAF said:
Don't troll. You have one post to make a cohesive point out of this crap or I will ban you.

I wasnt trolling. :(

IMHO, prophecy was an excellent. However, it didnt really feel like WC to me. The whole bug story line was a bit wierd, which was quite dissapointing considering that the other WC games had great storylines. Also, the nephilim was supposed to be some kind of ancient uber race, but most of their ships was so weak you had to fight 10-13 of them to have any real challenge, which made the entire game look like Serious Sam in a space figther. Then secret ops came. Which was serious sam in a uber-space figther. Also prophecy was far too short, but many of the missions seemed to be there just for the sake of being there, with absolutely no story between them. You could play two or three missions before the story progressed in any way.

Anyway, i probably shouldnt have said that prophecy wrecked the wc series. And i probably didnt mean it, but i couldnt have played another WC game that continued the bug storyline.

It was a good game, but not worthy of the WC name, just like UFO: Aftermath wasnt even close to the old X-Com games, even though it was a good game.

I am somehow reminded of WC1 where we didn't know much about the Kilrathi and we could singlehandedly finish missions if our wingmen were gone and where you could sometimes go entire stretches without any serious story development, just different ways of Halcyon saying "run this patrol route and kill any bad guys."

I guess WC1 wrecked the WC series.

Well, in WC 1 you got to see talking heads between the missions at least. And it was alot older then prophecy.

IMHO, prophecy was an excellent. However, it didnt really feel like WC to me. The whole bug story line was a bit wierd, which was quite dissapointing considering that the other WC games had great storylines. Also, the nephilim was supposed to be some kind of ancient uber race, but most of their ships was so weak you had to fight 10-13 of them to have any real challenge, which made the entire game look like Serious Sam in a space figther. Then secret ops came. Which was serious sam in a uber-space figther. Also prophecy was far too short, but many of the missions seemed to be there just for the sake of being there, with absolutely no story between them. You could play two or three missions before the story progressed in any way.

Anyway, i probably shouldnt have said that prophecy wrecked the wc series. And i probably didnt mean it, but i couldnt have played another WC game that continued the bug storyline.

No, you're allowed to have your opinion about the game, no matter how stupid I may think it is. I'm just some internet jerk.

I want to know why you're sure it would have any bearing on whether or not Chris Roberts would ever develop another game.

I'll give you another shot to prove your point. You're up against some tough points, like the fact that he did the Wing movie after Prophecy and the fact that there's half a dozen quotes about how he wants to do another game floating around...

(Although even your argument as to why you think Prophecy 'wrecked' WC is poorly done -- WCP had more missions than WC4, Secret Ops came out three years before 'Serious Sam' and the point of the Nephilim was that they were space insects, not that they were amazingly powerful. That's why there were big swarms of them.)

Back