Check this out

That C-130 maneuvers like a pregnant yak.

CF-117b -- and the 'b' is lower case, for some reason.

Anyhow, the pictures are beautiful - do you sell prints of some kind?

Sounds like Loaf wants to tag along too. ;)

I personally find that pic depressing, thats like seeing your favorite type of car in the wrecking yard. First thing I'd do is get to work on a restoration project.

I wouldn't mind visiting Luxembourg again, but it'd have to wait until the summer at least.

It seems like a print of the image might be a good gift for Chris Roberts, in honor of the movie's tenth anniversary.

So, as announced, I immediately wrote her after my exams and then again about 10 days later, sadly no reply (yet). I used the website's contact form - any other ideas how to contact her?

Luxemburg is more or a less a middle-sized city but I don't know whether going there blindly is likely to yield much results.

So, as announced, I immediately wrote her after my exams and then again about 10 days later, sadly no reply (yet). I used the website's contact form - any other ideas how to contact her?

Luxemburg is more or a less a middle-sized city but I don't know whether going there blindly is likely to yield much results.

Going to a mid-sized city, looking for a random closed factory? Yeah I don't think so. If you want to find them we'd need more info. Perhaps... does anyone have any connections with the company that made the movie? I'm sure they would know.

BTW, if anyone IS actually serious about a group trip there out of Boston or Provi let me know. I haven't had a decent vaca in a long time and a nice trip aboard, especially a treasure hunt is sounding more and more exciting.

Some research using the internet and Google Earth...

Rumelange - This small industrial town and mining center is the home of the National Mining Museum. For almost a century it was the center of Luxembourg's iron ore industry but the last mine was closed in 1978

Notice the factory here

Dudelange - Dudelange is known as the "Forge of the South" ("Forge du Sud"), a nickname which reflects its importance as an ironworks since the building of the first blast furnace in 1882. An iron and steel museum is located in Dudelange.

Another long structure

Esch-sur-Alzette - is Luxembourg's second largest town and the center of the iron and steel industry. Attractions include the National Museum of the Resistance, the steelworks factories, and the Berwart tower (1621)

Located immediately east of the town , it looks like several train tracks ran/run into here, which is a good indication of iron ore industry.

Located to the west of the town this is an even bigger complex which shows signs of dilapidation, again there is evidence of train tracks existing once.

Rodange - is located at the foot of the Titelberg (the site of an important Roman settlement for 500 years). It formerly derived most of its income from the iron and steel industry, but is now home to a variety of light industrial companies.

Just north of the town. Another site that could well house the building in question.

Thanks for the effort Flashpoint, I'll have the check with Ironduke what he thinks.

Too bad if it doesn't work out, I didn't think the mission would fail at an this early stage. Maybe she's just on vacation...

Thanks for the effort Flashpoint, I'll have the check with Ironduke what he thinks.

Too bad if it doesn't work out, I didn't think the mission would fail at an this early stage. Maybe she's just on vacation...

I still think that would be pretty cool. A small group of us get together and meet up with some of our European brethren and begin the hunt! ~~~ I may just give it a shot myself!

Wow. Didn't see that coming. That is quite a find for us. Although I gotta admit, I don't care much for the movie. The Rapier of that film did little honor to the one we've all flown in.

Did you made any progress in finding out the exact location? We (me and a good friend) live pretty close to Luxembourg (abt. a 1 hour drive). Maybe we can team up to go there?

Spako, the original photographer, posted earlier in the thread. If you're serious, you can contact them here or through their website.

Wow. Didn't see that coming. That is quite a find for us. Although I gotta admit, I don't care much for the movie. The Rapier of that film did little honor to the one we've all flown in.

Don't be a dip.

Spako, the original photographer, posted earlier in the thread. If you're serious, you can contact them here or through their website.

Mekt-Hakkikt tried that with no results. No need to do that again. If you look at the GMaps-Link I posted before, you can easily see that Wecker is a very small town. It shouldn't be that hard to find the right building.
And yes, I *am* serious - I live too close to that thing ;)

[Edit]Ok, I sent her another mail - maybe I get an answer...[/Edit]

Please keep us informed if you get an answer, I'd still be more than willing to go there. (No need to say that I got no response yet)

Back