Check this out

That's a pretty cool and also kind of sad find at the same time...

Crap, Luxembourg isn't really far away but I am hard-pressed for time at the moment. Well, probably it will be there for some time, maybe when I get time on my hands, I can check out where it is.

Nice find.

Wow - I would be there yesterday. :D

It would be worth it just for a picture in that cockpit.

Yeah, but Mekt-Hakkikt doesn't need to just get pictures, he needs to find it and go take it home.

That'd be an awesome thing to have in the backyard. "And to your right, a CF-177B Rapier..."

That looks like a pretty impressive computer rendering. The sun seems to be shining a bit too brightly from the second hole in the warehouse ceiling; almost equally as bright as in the main opening. The lighting is also too balanced. The parts that are facing away from the direction of the sun through the opening have equal brightness with parts that are at an angle and parts that are facing the sunlight. The piping and other metal parts have a bunch of dirt but are a bit too smooth since there are no dents or dings to be found anywhere on them even though they appear to have been ripped out of something and laying on rocky ground.

Some things look extremely realistic like some of the scrap on the left area of the ground and could've been cut and pasted from real life. The brick wall on the other side looks like textures from a first person shooter I've seen my fiance's brothers playing. I'm getting married tomorrow and leaving on the honeymoon for a week, so won't be here for awhile to see if there's any responses to this post. Later all and Happy V-Day.

3D/photoshop most likely... that rod sticking out the front isn't even a complete pipe, I only see half the open end.

The guy who posted it is a professional photographer, not a 3d artist. If you look at all his photos, he does lots of impressive things with lighting that look way different from what your camera would capture. Someone talented enough to render that (why would someone render such a scene?) would be talking about their artistic ability, not lying and saying it was a photo.

That's cool. I'll add that second photo to the update. That "industrial site" looks a bit like the flight deck of the Tiger's Claw...

The internet is an interesting thing.. someone posts pictures in Luxembourge and might get odd requests from seemingly random American Wing Commander fans... "What's the location of that fighter? What program are you using to computerize your photos? etc." Guess you guys could now find out where it is and go see it.

Or someone would be so bold as to haul it home. That'd be fun to try to get through customs agents, then again, it is just a prop.

This guy/gal does have some amazing HDR photographs though. I don't think the artist would be defensive about the site of it. It is abandoned...and in Luxembourg nonetheless...Couldn't be to hard to find. I'll see if I can't do some more smoopin'

The movie being filmed in Luxembourg? I can't recall the details, but mostly financial reasons, I think. Mr Roberts said he got to work with some great 'international' people, I think, though getting everyone communicating (with all their various languages) was a challenge.

The movie being filmed in Luxembourg? I can't recall the details, but mostly financial reasons, I think. Mr Roberts said he got to work with some great 'international' people, I think, though getting everyone communicating (with all their various languages) was a challenge.

Most likely because they offered the best tax breaks at the time...

I didn't think all Wing Commander fans were American. :(

It's a really cool find all the same.

That's true, I was struggling with that, but then figured our European counterparts wouldn't be as random since they're closer to Luxembourge, so I used Americans as an example. I love all you guys, I promise! Especially our German fans could be my wingmen any day judging by their sim scores.

Actually, i remember buying a magazine in 1998 detailing on this. They mentioned the WCA cartoon series(that did not air in holland at that time), and the existance of a movie being shot. They mentioned Malcolm McDowell did not reprise his roll as Tolwyn due to involvement in other projects, and Mark Hamill would be involved in some way, but was simply "too old" to play Blair(even though the timeline and the story of the movie was not known at the time)

The reason they shot the movie(or at the time were going to shoot) in Luxembourg was taxes(you can also get very cheap petrol there by european standards), the movie's budget was set at 30 million dollars provided by Fox and Sony, and it was filmed in an old munitions dump, that also made up the flight deck of the tigerclaw, so actually this "dump site" might not just look like the flight deck, but possibly was the actual flight deck from the movie.

I find the picture a bit odd, since i remember the movie props being only 2 full-scale fighters based on the frames of early jet fighters and had been tracked a long time ago and had been sold through e-bay, so is this a third one?

Back