Casey, Hawk, and the Kilrathi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox is terrible with its shows.

Brimstone, Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Harsh Realm, Freakylinks, the Lone Gunmen. I enjoyed all of these shows, but they were all on Friday nights at 8 or 9, horrible timeslots. :(

Freakylinks was probably the worst show Fox ever ran this side of the new Woody Woodpecker cartoons (feat Mark Hamill!).

Brimstone, now on Sci-Fi, had it's moments, but Millennium was superior.

Witchblade leaves Millenium in its dust.

Speaking of which, shouldn't the lead in Millenium be turning to such soon?

Valor: Topic Drift is common here and also we chat about another shows or things, what is the problem ????

Yeah, this CZ still has plenty of WC-related topics to keep you busy... well, there's enough of them to keep everyone else busy, that's for sure :)

--Eder

Bob...

"Lone" is an adjective... you can use adjectives next to both singular and plural nouns...
For instance, "Bob's crazy pictures never work"... See? Works perfectly...

And I still don't get it.

mpanty, not all adjectives can be used before both singular and plural nouns. You can't say many dog or one cats. And you can't say lone gunmen, either, which makes the title of the show humorous. ;)

And, uh, I don't get the Airheads thing, either. :(

No, it makes perfect sense... you can have multiple lone gunmen. They each individually fall into the catagory of 'lone gunman'. There can be a lone gunman over here and one over there, however if you wish to refer to all or multiple lone gunmen as a group, you may use the plural. I really didn't explain that very well.

TC

Originally posted by Dralthi5
mpanty, not all adjectives can be used before both singular and plural nouns. You can't say many dog or one cats. And you can't say lone gunmen, either, which makes the title of the show humorous. ;)
You're talking about numerical adjectives... "one", "many" fall in that category...
"Lone" in this case is a "qualificative adjective", hence it can be used next to a plural noun... which makes Lone Gunmen perfectly valid...

But if this is what Frosty was talking about, I get it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back