Carriers...

Originally posted by Wedge009
An Arrow. The Confed fighter with the lightest defences... I'm sure something like that would be taken down in one shot in WC2. In case you're forgetting a Broadsword is a chunk of a bomber. ;)

A Broadsword is a flying brick with guns.

Originally posted by Meson
...on the "back" wall of the bay...
This 'wall' - I always assumed it was the 'door' to the hangar, and that that tiny area was not the hangar itself.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
A Broadsword is a flying brick with guns.
Yes! A flying brick which can take a heck of a lot of damage before you start panicking because of a lack of afterburn! :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Must have missed something - why did the Midway what?

Why Did The Midway Have A Large Internal Hangar With Launch Tubes If Hangar Force Fields Were Impenetrable Yet We Know This Isn't So Because A Single Darket Could Wipe Out A Carrier's Entire Fighter Complement Despite This :p

Hmm, I think you misunderstand.

The field prevents enemy fighters from flying in, blowing up stuff and flying out.

It doesn't make them magically disappear. If a Darket rams the hangar it'll be destroyed on the way in... but it'll still be a flaming pile of explosing mass which will take out the fighters complement.

Anybody ever autoslide through the hanger the wrong way, fire a few bursts of guns, then hit the autopilot and see the ship fly into your shots? I just get a kick out of it everytime i try it.

Originally posted by Ijuin
'Why did the Midway have a pressurized landing bay that you crash into when you try to fly into it whereas carriers in WC3/4 had open bays that you could fly into?" is what I think he means.

1. It's covered with a phase shield, like any other good capship would.(dont want torps or enemy thips flyin in)
2.It's too small and undetailed.
3.They're afraid u go in and blassst the ship from inside out.

Originally posted by Lunatic
Anybody ever autoslide through the hanger the wrong way, fire a few bursts of guns, then hit the autopilot and see the ship fly into your shots?
Um... no. Sounds interesting, though.

Back