Captain To the Bridge

Which Vessel That Carries Fighters Would YOU Like to Command?

• TCS Concordia (Concordia-Class Super Cruiser)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • TCS Concordia (Confederation Class)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • TCS Tigers Claw (Bengal Class Carrier)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • TCS Tarawa

• TCS Victory

• TCS Cerberus

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • TCS Vesuvius

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Intrepid

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
Alright, I know this is certainly my facination, but in the Wing Commander Universe I have always wanted the chance to command the bridge of a carrier during battle. Which Carrier would you like the chance to sit in the captain's chair?

YOU are in command of the most technologically advanced ship. YOU are the one that the crew, fighter pilots, and officers are looking up to. This is the breaking point. Enemy ships are closing in. YOU are the commander of the Confederation Carrier. And YOU are the one who must give the next order.

Each carrier has its strengths...And each carrier has its weaknesses. A commander that hates his ship or doesn't know it well, isn't a good commander at all.

I feel that my facination lies in the Begal Class carrier. I have always loved the shield effect that it has. The ship simply closes up so that no enemy ships can get into the hangor (this was refered to as the "Clam Feature" where both halves of the ship came together to protect the runway. That certainly was a pretty awesome idea. I also liked the bridge setup. Though the Concordia (confederation class) was very tempting as well...

newcgi18.jpg

I wouldn't mind commanding the TCS Vesuvius. I especially preferred its excellent maneuverability, considering that it was an extremely large carrier, and its special armour that rendered exterior attacks ineffective. However, I would've liked to see some sort of dreadnought weapon on it, like the Concordia's phase transist cannon, to add more effectiveness in destroying enemy installations and capital ships.

What a coincidence, i like the Vesuvius too, it could take out the Midway if they fought head to head

I don't think the Intrepid was particularly agile, given how the much bigger Vesuvius was able to chase her down. (For all the good it did the Vesuvius. :D)

Best, Raptor

Tough choice between the Claw and WC2 Concordia but I choose the Tiger's Claw. I just like her. Vesuvius is on the 3rd place.

BTW: The Vesuvius is 1,600m long.

Originally posted by Raptor
I don't think the Intrepid was particularly agile, given how the much bigger Vesuvius was able to chase her down. (For all the good it did the Vesuvius. :D)

Best, Raptor

It is - if you let Maniac steer :D

Originally posted by panther

It is - if you let Maniac steer :D

That reminds me of the scene where Maniac was cracking onto the helmsperson

"who did that!" :D

well, it brought a smile to my face

Wow, that's a toss-up between the Vesuvius and the Cerberus. As much as I love the firepower, agility, and general capabilities of the Vesuvius, I think I'll go with Cerberus. If only because that means that I'll be the one running from battle to battle, and slipping into enemy territory.

Nothing can beat the good ol' Claw! It's good to be in command of a ship that can wipe out strike fleets by itself (with a little help from the pilots of course).

Originally posted by NoRemorse
Nobody wants to command the Victory... strange...:D

John

Tin Can Sally was a nice ship. I just kind of feel that she's Eisens. Most of the other Captains, I didn't rate:)

Willford was ok, but he was a better Admiral type:)

I voted for Midway not because of anything to do with commanding but because I think it's a good looking capship. I'd rather fly a fighter than command a capship anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back