Blair Still Alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spaceballs.... I remember that
As to the Blair alive thingy, I think we will just have to wait and see.....

Originally posted by Kamikaze
"Anakin, I am your son!"

Close but no cigar. One of Mark Hamill's two sons, Nathan, had a really quick speaking role in Episode One. Some people say that he's in a crowd shot on Tatooine, but he's actually the guard at Amidala's door when Anakin comes to say good-bye to Padme.

Originally posted by dacis2

I thought he didnt have a father, the "chosen one" in the "prophecy" was concieved in the "Force" right?

That sounds rather Christ-like, a boy being conceived with no human father.

I thought he didnt have a father, the "chosen one" in the "prophecy" was concieved in the "Force" right?
Maybe the 'father' of Anakin was a British guy from Earth and left Tatooine. That would explain why some people speak in British accents where there is no Britain, they guy went on a tour of the galaxy. :D :D

Originally posted by Ijuin
That sounds rather Christ-like, a boy being conceived with no human father.

I once read an article by what might be the most insanely Christian newsletter of all time. It berated Star Wars for using Christ-like alegories with Anakin and the whole "religion" based around the Force.

They also like comparing the use of telekinesis in the films to that of when people are 'possessed'.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

*Off topic*

Who else besides me gets really pissed when some overly-ridiculous religion hypocritical prick totally trashes a good movie, etc., by judging certain stuff as anti-christ or something? :mad: I mean, C'MON it is getting out of hand! Take Harry Potter, for instance...

*End of Rant, thanks for patience*

Originally posted by LeHah

I once read an article by what might be the most insanely Christian newsletter of all time. It berated Star Wars for using Christ-like alegories with Anakin and the whole "religion" based around the Force.

But that was blatantly meant to show that Anakin was Christ-like... I don't see why saying that would be bad...

Originally posted by TC

But that was blatantly meant to show that Anakin was Christ-like... I don't see why saying that would be bad...

Perhaps the magazine was upset because, as we know, Anakin is going to go and massacre people.

No, I understand why the magazine had a problem with it... it's likening a fictional character with their religious figure. Through that it belittles him and seems to legitamize a fictional religion that's contrary to the Christian beliefs. I don't agree with this, but I understand it. I don't understand why LeHah has a problem with them noting that Lucas was obviously setting up Anakin as some sort of Christ figure in Episode One

*Points Standard Issue Starfleet Phaser set on "stun" at Wulf* Take that back!

Ummm...dacis? I don't like a weapon being pointed at me without good reason! WTF?

*edit* ok I think I know. You perhaps misunderstood when I mentioned Harry Potter. Don't you remember a whole lot of religious people bashin the movie because it "intentionally teaches children the ways of sorcery"..? I mean what a load of crap! That's what I meant.

I don't know why the magazine had such a fit over Star Wars and the thing with Anakin. Star Wars is complete fiction so I don't see any reason why they should have gotten all worked up about it.

A lot of people get worked up about their series. Remember what happened when the Wing Commander movie came out. Some fans of WC were less than thrilled.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
<Whiney>Are you an angel?</Whiney>

HAHAHA!! That's how I got my last girlfriend, dude! Works like a freaking charm!

Oh and Christians get worked up about things like Anakin and the Pot-meister (heh heh... Pot-meister) because they feel exposure to things like other religions and witchcraft "open windows," for demons to fly in through and take you over. As LeHah cited from that insane newsletter, "possess."

A bit much, if you ask me....

Man, that was hilarious. A 9 year old kid hits on a 14 year old teenager! Pretty smooth kid;)

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
I don't know why the magazine had such a fit over Star Wars and the thing with Anakin. Star Wars is complete fiction so I don't see any reason why they should have gotten all worked up about it.
I agree I am a person of religion, but even I know that all this is fake.
Those who bicker about games or stories like Hairy Pots, Magic, and Star Wars need to actually see it before they complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back