Black Lance Carrier

Now that there's only a few hours left of it... There is a Net auction selling KS for 10 bucks on an auction site... and guess who's name is on the winning bid :)

Wow, your getting the deal of the century! Hold on to that secret site til the end of the auction. Then tell everyone what it is so they might have a chance. On second thought never mind, once the cats out of the bag (pun intended) it wont be able to be foudn that cheap again.

Lance/Dragon

All i was saying is that the ship was called the Dragon in the game, and was at no time during the game, refered to as a Lance (to the best of my knowledge). Then the book comes along 2 years later, and the author refered to it as the Lance, and now all of a sudden, it's called the Lance, because that's what the book says, even though the game came first. There are many parts of the book that don't appear in the game, so does that make the game wrong, even though it was out first?

I don't really care what people call it. You could call it the Pussywillow for all i care. But i don't think the official name of the ship is the Lance, because it was never called that in the game. I understand your arguements about the callsign being the Lance, but again, that is something from the book.

Well, it all comes down to who You want to believe, noone here is implying the fighter IS called the Lance, simply that there is more evidence for one than for the other... I mean, it is generally accepted that Maniac and Blair went to the Academy together, even though in WC1 it looks more like they've never met (PLEASE do not explain the scene to me, I know how it can be interpreted)... Lots of discordant sources always entail paradoxal conditions, and discussions of these conditions rarely lead anywhere. Mostly, the decision is left to the individual gamer. Oh, yes, and to posterity... Let us not forget posterity. :)

I think the best solution to the Dragon/Lance thing is to just go with what you want to call it. I think it should be called the Mosquito. It has folding wings, the scoops are red, and from the front it has an erie look to it, stings like a mosquito with those fusion cannons, and can run forever without a refuel. Lance, Dragon, Mosquito, Pussywillow:)D), whatever! It still is one heck of a fighter, one I wish Confed would have seriously considered placing it into their inventory for special missions, or even in WCPSO. To me, its such an advanced fighter with the mini M/AM reactor, the full function cloak, and the awsome fusion cannon, why not include it in the regular inventory, maybe not in such huge numbers, but at least one or two!

RFB

Forget regular inventory...

Not even Black Ops got to keep them?! I mean, a few of those things on the Cerberus and now we're talking! I uploaded a Dragon (haha) model into WCSO and surprisingly enough fuond the game to be very easy... With no limit to burner duration and some mean guns the Pussywillow really lives up to its name... wait, that didn't come out right...

I still cal the Spitfire a "shrew", since that was the original name idea... And the F-14 was originally the "Alley Cat" until they named it after some chief technician named Thomas...

I see why wouldn't bring back the Dragon/Lance. I mean, they are pretty damned expensive. So why have two really good fighters, when you could have 5 or 6 mediocre fighters in it's place. It would do the same job.

Give me Your email and I'll send it to You! Don't worry, it's free, I D/Led it for free so it is NOT (this means You KV) NOT piracy.

Originally posted by gryphon
Give me Your email and I'll send it to You! Don't worry, it's free, I D/Led it for free so it is NOT (this means You KV) NOT piracy.

rfburns@rfburns.net
Thanks!
RFB

oh, I see, why wouldn't you give it to me? huh? I had to use your stinky webisite address... :)

I didnt give you my email addy? Sorry bout that! Anyway its the same as on the site, ooops, cept for the email button thing on the left, gotta fix that! :)

RFB

Thanks! Oh BTW, fixed email button on the site so should point to correct email. This BL carrier looks awsome! I hope it finds its way to one of the many mods being made for WC.

RFB

I sent RF a model of the Dragon/Lance for use in SOPS... It maes the campaign easy peasy... He said he wanted to try it out in combat so I gave him the opportunity...

Back