Black Lance Carrier

This thread is STILL on?!

I thought somewhere back there LOAF and I agreed on that fact that both sides had presented their case clearly and there was no need for endless repetition... Oh well, this is just amusing :)

Yeah, the designator "Black" is added to fighter variants for special ops -- Black Vampire, Black Devestator, Black Lance, etc...

No... the Super Ferret wasn't a secret ops ship -- it was a regular fighter assigned to Concordia... we fly it for patrols at the beginning before we're actually leave for our mission at Ghorah Khar (it's the P-64D Super Ferret, if it had been designed and used only as a special ops ship, it'd be the P-64S Black Ferret).

Yeah, I get You... But then, something like the Sabres, or whatever it is You fly in SO2 (never played it) are Black versions?

Basically, my question is, even if the SOPS fighter is in every way identical to a standard production fighter, is it still a "black" whatever, or does this actually need to be a separate and changed model?!

In that case, what does the Black Lance have that the Lance would lack? Like a cloak, or that mean fission gun?

Black fighters are unique variants -- the WC3 Excalibur might be the F-103S Black Excalibur, I suppose... but a covert ops unit flying a Hellcat doesn't specifically make it a Black Hellcat. (Bad example, I suppose, since there *are* Black Hellcats...).

It's quite possible, I suppose, that there's an F-107A Lance that doesn't sport the same ultra-high-tech hardware as the "Dragon" :)

That brings up another interesting question...

Can the "black" version of a fighter be produced before the standard? I mean, if the WC3 Excalibur was black, and the WCIV Lance was Black, then Black isn't necessarily an offshoot, but the original fighter... then scaled down for mass production. A bit odd, if You ask me...

Originally posted by gryphon
This thread is STILL on?!

I thought somewhere back there LOAF and I agreed on that fact that both sides had presented their case clearly and there was no need for endless repetition... Oh well, this is just amusing :)

I'm sorry, I wasnt aware that you had passed your judgement and things had been set in stone.

Oh Sup now You're just being nitpicky... You know I didn't mean that!

What I meant is that last tie I checked there was a sort of "we're tired of this" concensus around the thread, and then it fleared back to life again... Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah, the designator "Black" is added to fighter variants for special ops -- Black Vampire, Black Devestator, Black Lance, etc...

How come i NEVER get a Supdon's right?:(

Thanks Ghost ;)

To everyone who ever thought I wouldn't make it... I just have one thing to say... You may think I have hit rock bottom... But I brought a shovel.

Back