Birthday?

Originally posted by LeHah

You're so nails-on-chalkboard dumb, the only way you could've been shot into existence was that you were spawned from Preacher and MPanty.

And that coming from you...

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
And that coming from you...

I was spawned from Phillip Glass and Ginsberg, thank you very much. I am the Hydrogen Jukebox.

'tis best not to post something irrelevant to a month old thread...

And there's only three Concordias, what more info are you after?

To echo everyone else, don't reply to month old threads.

In answer to your questions...

Three ships (that we know of) have borne the name Concordia.

The first was the nameship of the Concordia class carrier line. She was comissioned in 2634. Concordia was the only carrier able to escape the initial surprise Kilrathi attack on McAuliffe. She was able to join up with Admiral Dayan's task force and strike back against the Kilrathi invaders. During the fighting, Concordia was crippled... she was scuttled after the battle. This ships actions are recorded in the novel "Action Stations".

The second Concordia was the nameship of the Concordia class supercruiser line. She entered service in 2645 and served until at least 2656. Concordia was flagship of the fleet which defended Earth during the Kilrathi attack in 2654. This Concordia appears in the Wing Commander movie and the novels Pilgrim Stars and Pilgrim Truth.

The third Concordia was a Confederation class dreadnought. She entered service in 2661. Concordia served as flagship of first the 14th fleet (during the Enigma campaigns) and then the 3rd fleet (during the defense of Earth in 2668). Concordia was badly damaged during the Battle of Terra, and was placed on patrol duty afterwards. During a rearguard action in the Vesupus system she was ambushed and destroyed. This Concordia appears in Wing Commander 2, both Special Ops addons and the novels End Run and Fleet Action.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The third Concordia was a Confederation class dreadnought. She entered service in 2661. Concordia served as flagship of first the 14th fleet (during the Enigma campaigns) and then the 3rd fleet (during the defense of Earth in 2668). Concordia was badly damaged during the Battle of Terra, and was placed on patrol duty afterwards. During a rearguard action in the Vesupus system she was ambushed and destroyed. This Concordia appears in Wing Commander 2, both Special Ops addons and the novels End Run and Fleet Action.

And as a crashed hulk in WC3.

Originally posted by junior
And as a crashed hulk in WC3.
I was so saddened to see that scene - it was really hard to make out the shape of the ship from the silhouette. WC2 was my first WC game, so maybe I just had excessive sentiment. It also seemed that at the time, the previous carrier died with the start of each new game.

he has a point..... the victory was a relic of the war... according to maniac... i always hated the navigation on that ship... i guess the little movies when you enter and exit a part of it... i know that you can jsut hit ESC to get rid of them just after you click on the area but it was a pain...

Heh, the options screen is the often the first thing I go to in any program - I always want to tweak whatever settings there are.

I didn't mind the transitions scenes that much in WC3. I would just hit escape if I didn't feel like watching them for any reason. Also, when I was in the elevator, if you clicked the door immiedietly after selecting your floor, you'd get off at your destination immiedietly.

The transition movies on the Lexington ticked me off. I didn't want to use the map, but I had to because the transitions involved a video of Blair walking over half the ship saluting everyone in his path.

Back