Birthday?

Originally posted by LeHah
Wedge: X-Box isn't that great. DOA3 is pretty good, but I mastered it in 30 minutes at my local EB. All who opposed me were crushed.

Col Dom: Screw FFXI, FFXII is being done by Yasumi Matsuno who did Vagrant Story and the without equal Final Fantasy Tactics.

Agent Under Fire is love it or leave it. I heard good things, and then hear very bad things. The only two GC games that I enjoy are Super Smash Bros Melee and Spider-Man.

Medal Of Honor: Frontline is going to be orgasmic, like all the other MoH games. I wonder what MoH: Fighter Commander is going to be like!

And, yes, though SNES rocks hard, nothing is better than breaking out Contra on the trusty old NES.

Chris Blair: Your logic shows your age.

On XBox: Never appealed to me. Halo is all I hear about the XBox... oh yeah and the extra levels in Spider-Man. Ooh.

On the new FFs: I had no idea there was to be a FFXII!! Yasumi Matsuno's FF Tactics was incredible. I cannot wait for his latest opus!

Agent Under Fire for the PS2 was an okay game; bad bullet effects. As I said earlier, it's Nerf or nuthin'.

I can't wait for MoH: Frontline, either! The first two are still amazing, even with their outdated graphics. With the PS2's hardware pushing a game like that... orgasmic is the best word to describe it :cool:

Also, I think Super Contra: The Alien Wars on SNES was the best in the series. Having two guns rocked for the times!

Originally posted by Wedge009
Pfft, don't be silly, I'm fairly sure it's going to be released at about $A400, not like the ridiculous $A650+ for the X-Box. Not that I'm going to buy it straight away either, it's not as though I have infinite spare time at my disposal.

Im pretty sure the Gamecube will be $329 when it comes out on the 17th MAY. Not a bad price I guess , but the X-BOX is now only $399 so I may go either way....

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Also, I think Super Contra: The Alien Wars on SNES was the best in the series. Having two guns rocked for the times!

It's all about Spread Shot, baby!

Hehheh....it's like a common saying on the road..."Wish I was the cop right now, I'd pull his ass over!"

as for the game cube it is made for younger players, in my opinion its reekin of the academy, dont get me wrong at one time nintendo was the schiznitt but after snes everthing went downhill especially the president retiring in the near future does anyone remember a game called 'Rygar' well PS2 will be be releasing it real soon Ill be the first to get it speaking of zelda i heard that they were not going to release anymore of the zelda series i could be wrong though :)

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kitchen, Veag Sector

It's all about Spread Shot, baby!

Contra on the NES defined weapon pick ups!

The Spread Shot was the greatest item in any video game. The ultimate weapon for any alien-slaughtering commando. Next to that I think the Machine Gun was the second most useful. While the laser was powerful, it had nada reach. The Flamethrower was a bit awkward too....

:cool:

Originally posted by Manboy
I'm pretty sure the Gamecube will be $329 when it comes out on the 17th MAY. Not a bad price I guess , but the X-BOX is now only $399 so I may go either way....
Whoo! Should be a decent price by Christmas. :) Heh, heh, I'm actually not surprised the X-Box price came down so quickly...

Originally posted by Loozer
As for the Game Cube it is made for younger players...
That's a common perception, and is true to some degree, but Nintendo was what I grew up with, and I'm sticking to all the great franchises associated with it. I'm sure there are plenty of 'mature-age' games being developed for the GCN, and it's also backed by the incredible guys and gals at Rare Ltd. :)

Originally posted by Loozer
as for the game cube it is made for younger players, in my opinion its reekin of the academy, dont get me wrong at one time nintendo was the schiznitt but after snes everthing went downhill especially the president retiring in the near future does anyone remember a game called 'Rygar' well PS2 will be be releasing it real soon Ill be the first to get it speaking of zelda i heard that they were not going to release anymore of the zelda series i could be wrong though

You're so nails-on-chalkboard dumb, the only way you could've been shot into existence was that you were spawned from Preacher and MPanty.

Originally posted by Wedge009
... but Nintendo was what I grew up with... :)

I grew up with it too... but the Big N just isn't the same. Ever since N64, it has been disappointment after disappointment. While, yes, Nintendo does push out some good stuff (Mario 64, Zelda 64, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark), it's few and far between.

Maybe it's because I'm spoiled? Like I said, the SNES shook the core of the Earth and murdered millions of mole people. However, during that time, Nintendo churned out high-quality title after high-quality title and third-party support was at its peak for any one console! The N64 didn't follow up the same way; plus, Rare makes more kiddie games than anything :(

Right now, PS2 is the best substitute for what Nintendo was (and probably could have been).

:cool:

I'm sure Nintendo is trying to rectify that with the Game Cube. And being someone who can't shell out several hundred dollars for all the best games, I actually preferred the relatively small game collection on the N64.

A big reason why Nintendo hasn't been the system of legend it once was is due to the fact that they tend to rule with an iron fist, so to speak. They lost Square (now Squaresoft) to Sony because Nintendo is such a demanding cuss (and because of the out-of-date cartridge format they chose for the N64)

A big reason why Nintendo hasn't been the system of legend it once was is due to the fact that they tend to rule with an iron fist, so to speak. They lost Square (now Squaresoft) to Sony because Nintendo is such a demanding cuss (and because of the out-of-date cartridge format they chose for the N64)

Yup.
To a very large extent, its the game developers that determine which console is the most popular. Sony managed to get most of the best developers exclusively onto the Playstation, and it showed. Microsoft understood this, and wooed a number of the more popular developers just before they released the X-Box.
On the positive side for Nintendo, they've apparently patched things up with Squaresoft, and some new Squaresoft games should be available in the near future for Nintendo consoles.

A big reason why Nintendo hasn't been the system of legend it once was is due to the fact that they tend to rule with an iron fist, so to speak.

Oh, yes indeed! The book Game Over: Press Start to Continue sheds light on that!

Also, sticking to cartridges for the N64 sure was a stubborn move. They apparently learned nothing from Atari's Jaguar....

I loved the speed of the cartridges. Of course, they were more expensive, but I couldn't stand it waiting for games to load when playing on friends' Playstations. Now that disk read speeds have increased sufficiently, a move to DVDs is the obvious move, but I was surprised to still wait a while when playing PS2 demos in shops.

There was a mod for the original PS that expanded the width of the laser slightly, allowing faster read times. I expect to see this for PS2 sometime soon.

Back