Birthday?

Filler, just ignore the plebe and it'll eventually go away.

Chris, you're going to get yelled at if you keep your signature that long. The maximum allowed size is four lines (and that includes blank lines).

I didn't even think of that.
maybe it's because I don't have $500 laying about for a gamecube...

Pfft, don't be silly, I'm fairly sure it's going to be released at about $A400, not like the ridiculous $A650+ for the X-Box. Not that I'm going to buy it straight away either, it's not as though I have infinite spare time at my disposal.

I have about $25 of spending money for things like petrol and stuff a fortnight.
so...I don't think I'll be getting it for a while.

The GameCube is great, assuming that what you're looking for is the absolute most expensive way to purchase and play a game with the word 'monkey' in the title.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The GameCube is great, assuming that what you're looking for is the absolute most expensive way to purchase and play a game with the word 'monkey' in the title.

Not a GameCube game, but Monkey Island was great.

I think it is a worthy console, because 9 of 10 Nintendo titles are good games. Now I don´t think the Xbox has 5 good games released.

Originally posted by Filler
If I got the gamecube, it'd be for zelda if anything.
mind you, that's "if anything"

The only reason I would ever bother getting [a GameCube] is for Rogue Leader and Resident Evil: Reborn.

EDIT: And, yes, the new Zelda game... despite its bad reception and mocking "Cel-Da," title....

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

My Gamecube was stolen by my friend and then given to me for free, along with a memory card and an extra controller. Ha.

The Resident Evil series is overrated. The control scheme is among the worst in gaming history; it makes Wild Wild West all the more playable. The only legitimate reason to own a GC is Super Smash Bros Melee, which is the best thing since Andy Capp's Hot Fries. Rogue Leader is OK; the last Death Star 2 mission is complete bullshit.

Also of note: the two N64 Zelda games are being ported over to the GC with a face lift.

Originally posted by LeHah
The only legitimate reason to own a GC is Super Smash Bros Melee, which is the best thing since Andy Capp's Hot Fries.

I almost forgot about Smash Bros Melee! Another reason to buy a GameCube. However, like you say LeHah, the mediocrety of the system and its software is a con.

Originally posted by Chris Blair
Agent Under Fire is also a good game.

Good but not Goldeneye. I also really disliked the use of Nerf guns made to look like real ones....

As far as consoles go, IMHO, the PS2 is where it's at. With games like Robotech: Battlecry, Xenosaga, Time Splitters 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, FF XI and many other winners coming to it, it's a sure bet. However, currently, for me, the PC is dominating my gaming time. Jedi Outcast is simply superb.

btw- my Jedi Outcast handle is Darth Baulz, in case you're looking for a good match :p

Nothing personal I don't like the PS systems and I don't care how much your going to say its the best system I'm just a Nintendo fan.

While I too am a fan of Nintendo, I'm not a fanboy who hops up and down yelling "NiNtEnDo r00lz! DoWn wIT PS2, da Turd Place!" (Okay, so my spelling of 'bad' spelling is... bad. :))

I understand the appeal the PS2 has for older gamers. But I don't understand the hype around the X-Box, which (thankfully) seems to have evaporated. If anything, the controller is very awkward for my (admittedly small) hands.

The GameCube controller feels very comfy and so smooth to play with for me. I'm also keen on Super Smash Bros Melee, Rogue Leader, Super Mario Sunshine, and Perfect Dark Zero. :) After Rare dropped the license for Bond games, I don't think I'll get Agent Under Fire, even if it does look good.

Wedge: X-Box isn't that great. DOA3 is pretty good, but I mastered it in 30 minutes at my local EB. All who opposed me were crushed.

Col Dom: Screw FFXI, FFXII is being done by Yasumi Matsuno who did Vagrant Story and the without equal Final Fantasy Tactics.

Agent Under Fire is love it or leave it. I heard good things, and then hear very bad things. The only two GC games that I enjoy are Super Smash Bros Melee and Spider-Man.

Medal Of Honor: Frontline is going to be orgasmic, like all the other MoH games. I wonder what MoH: Fighter Commander is going to be like!

And, yes, though SNES rocks hard, nothing is better than breaking out Contra on the trusty old NES.

Chris Blair: Your logic shows your age.

Hell yeah! The 3DO was cool as hell!

Everyone I know who doesn't have one, seems to hate the X-box, while, on the other hand, anyone who has one (in their home-whether you bought it or not) loves it. Really, there are hella complaints over the X-box, which aren't entirely unfounded, but they're not as damaging as they seem. The controller isn't really that bad when your used to it, the system is capable of amazing things, and they have the power/money to provide for good gaming lines, etc.

Of course, with Microsoft running it, it could be a problem....and they don't seem to HAVE many good gaming titles, which is REALLY annoying, but if they were able to pump a few out, a lot more people would be into the X-box.

Back