Biological age of the Kilrathi.

But care is also a difference to love....I always saw the cats more as animals, even if they at the moment my teachers always tell us how much we humans are lead by our body (I always saw other aspects as sense of life than children....so that was the thing I thought of the Kilrathi, but it seems so, that it is also he sense of human life, what I said in truth don't believe. Teachers also aren't always right)?

Oh and BTW:Yes, also a 're' in my case Mekt! Of course you didn't and ayou also needn't...other communication is also a way.:)

Originally posted by Fishbone
Teachers also aren't always right?

Those who can, are Pilots. Those who can't, teach at the Academy. :)

But lots of qualified former pilots teach at the Academy -- witness the WCI/II guide or the lecture transcripts from Secret Ops... and then others teach flying -- Blair and Richards, for instance.

kilrathi = primitive ?!

I think you make a big mistake here. Actually one that Thrakkath often made. Your underestimating your enemy. It is said in the novels that the Kilathi culture is far older than ours.
And I think they have their own way to describe "civilization". Some could describe things like assassinations as very barbaric (Kilrathis do).
Oh and btw the Kilrathi have been technologically more advanced in many aspects, e.g. stealth fighters, carrier design and so on.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Other than the fact that they have spaceships and planet-destroying weapons, the Cats are a fairly primitave race. :) It's worth noting that, at the beginning of the century, life expectancy was around fifty, maybe the age of an elderly cat. Thus, it seems that they don't have adequete medical technology...perhaps because they spent so much time fighting... :)

emperor the oldest?

What about the emperor's mother the dowager queen of kilrah. I think she still lived when the confeds
destroyed this temple (milk run / end run).

I don't think it requires a lot of mathematical or biological knowledge to come to the conclusion that she has been a little older than her son...lol.

But maybe female kilrathi have a longer life expectancy (natural I mean).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Emperor expected to die of old age within the year, circa WC3 -- had this happened, Thrakhath would have become emperor.

It is the typical fault I also made: Going out from the human race and think it is also the same with other ones. Just because human women get little older than human men, it mustn't be the same with the Kilrathi race.:)

Re: emperor the oldest?

Originally posted by truesilver
What about the emperor's mother the dowager queen of kilrah. I think she still lived when the confeds
destroyed this temple (milk run / end run).

I don't think it requires a lot of mathematical or biological knowledge to come to the conclusion that she has been a little older than her son...lol.

But maybe female kilrathi have a longer life expectancy (natural I mean).

I wouldn't think it impossible for females to have a life expectancy an awful lot longer than the males. Just because they're the same spieces, doesn't mean they've the same physiology.

The average life expectancy of some dogs are nearly twice that of others, yet they are still biologically compatible for mating, something similar could have evolved in the Kilrathi. Sorry if this sound like rubbish, biology isn't my strong point:)

According to the WC3 novel, the Emperor didn't have much tmie left at all. (Thrakhath was the most direct heir... but the Emperor could have had him killed and replaced with a cousin, if he so desired).
Yes... it is also mentioned in Fleet Action, when Thrakhath's thinking about Baron Jukaga's plan to assasinate the Emperor...

BTW... I just read the part from Fleet Action talking about the Emperor's offspring...

Lots died prematurely, his first son died early in the war against the Terrans, and he ordered the death of Thrakhath's father... but did he have all his children with the same female all along, or do the Kilrathi allow polygamy? :confused:

Hey, just wondering... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-01-2001 at 21:11]

Err... the Dowager Emperess was the Emperor's mother... the emperor was the same throughout the war.

Err... the Dowager Emperess was the Emperor's mother... the Emperor was the same throughout the war.
Ehm... how is that answering my question? :)

Re: kilrathi = primitive ?!

Originally posted by truesilver
I think you make a big mistake here. Actually one that Thrakkath often made. Your underestimating your enemy. It is said in the novels that the Kilathi culture is far older than ours.
And I think they have their own way to describe "civilization". Some could describe things like assassinations as very barbaric (Kilrathis do).
Oh and btw the Kilrathi have been technologically more advanced in many aspects, e.g. stealth fighters, carrier design and so on.

Dang, I'm starting to act like an arcaeologist...I hate archaeologists :D...

It's true the Kilrathi made breakthroughs in several notable areas. But it's often been said that the reason the Kilrathi posed a threat at all was because of pre-war Confed military spending...almost as big an oxymoron as "military intelligence". :D

My point was that, concentrating so much on ways of taking ives left the Kilrathi little time to work on ways of saving them. Look at the old Soviet Union. Life expectancy is rather low in Russia, partly because of the vast amount of priority devoted to military weapondry in the last years of its life. And the Kilrathi have their own way, it is true.

In Battletech, the Clans are a proud warrior race who live for battle and "the thrill of the kill", much like the KIlrathi. There, old age is not nearly as respected as it is in current society. They are more interested in death and glory, and to them, an elderly warrior is a cowardly warrior. The KIlrathi seem much the same. Natural selection, you might say.

[And with all due respect LOAF, how can we be sure the Emperor's birthday is really the oldest? I mean, some would consider 80 years to be old age today. People say Frank Sinatra lived a long and full life, and he was 81. Why should the Emperor be any different? (I hate comparing 'ol Blue Eyes with the Cats, but...)]

[Edited by Bob McDob on 06-02-2001 at 00:49]

Re: Re: kilrathi = primitive ?!

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Dang, I'm starting to act like an arcaeologist...I hate archaeologists :D...

::whistles 80s John Williams music and makes a whip-cracking sound::

Back