Biological age of the Kilrathi.

Fishbone

Spaceman
Hi!
Just one question I asked myself today: How old can a Kilrathi become (in books 1-4 I didn't find a thing about it). Surely you had the question one time here before, but I am really interested in the answer. Like a human or older?

Where did you get that info LOAF?

And, BTW, something else: How long were Blair and Rachel together after WC3? And how long was Rachel gone when Blair replayed the message at the beginning of the WC4 novel?

The maximum age comes from the known birthday of the Emperor and the fact that he expected to die of old age within a year during WC3.

We're never told how long Blair's marriage lasted -- but the breakup was presumably fairly recent (so, 2673).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF, in the "Kilrathi life expectancy" thread
Kilrathi come of age at 4 years -- thus, the Emperor was born around 2590 (his first military operation was the 2594 war with the Varni)... according to the Wing Commander III novel, he didn't expect to live beyond the end of the year (2669). Thus, the maximum lifespan for a Kilrathi is 79 years -- slightly worse than our own. (...)
What gets me confused is the part "slighly worse than our own"... because then you would be talking about "life expectancy", NOT maximum age...

The maximum age for a human being is held by a French woman, Jeanne Calment... 122 Years, 164 Days...

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/record_catagories/recordhome.asp?RecordID=48373

Thus... from the age of the Kilrathi Emperor, the maximum age would be 80 years...
What about their life expectancy, i.e. average life span?

[Edited by mpanty on 05-31-2001 at 17:27]

LOL LOAF...
I saw you were not answering posts for a while, so I said to myself "he's gotta be looking into his WC database (brain ;) ) trying to answer mine"...

Eh eh... couldn't come up with an answer, could you? ;)

Ehh, I was busy with work or something.

Aside from the emperor's age (and some other minor facts -- that Kilrathi warriors retire after 40 years of military service, for instance) we don't knwo anything about life expectancy.

I'd imagine with their militaristic nature, and since like every Kilrathi is a warrior the actual life expectancy would be kinda low.

Mix that in with duels and such, Kilrathi probably don't expect to live very long. The Kilrathi retire after 40 years, i'd say in their terms their old men by then.

I dunno... because when the war started, 40 year veterans were brought back into service.

(40 years of service means they're 44 years old, human-wise...)

Wouldn't it just suck having thrakath as an emperor? I think he woulda went ape sh-t after Blair with more then justh is fighter if you know what i mean

He did hide some things from the emperor, im sure if he was *officially* emperor he would have done more then he did. Maybe even won the war with a strike a bit sooner.

If you asked me it took him long enough! think of all the capship losses they got near the end, i mean, in the last missions you fry cruisers so much, carriers fall like flies and destroyers are burnt to a crisp. If they would of have striken while they had the chance (right after the Behemoth when everyone was depressed) They would have won it. Although taken in account that they have to gather their fleet.. id think there SHOULD be a pretty big one around kilrah right?

They would have won if they'd attacked with their fleet --- but they couldn't have attacked earlier...

I was referring to the Battle of Terra, though.

The Kilrathi tried to strike plenty of times, and many times rushing in the job caused their faliure...

Like a certain attack in the late 2660's with some Hakaga class carriers.

Well, it seems the Kilrathi struck quite a bit, whether it was stations or planets, and at Earth a couple of times (through those bases and the like). And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember something about the Kilrathi hitting Earth and bombing it for a while before Marines boarded their flagship and blew it up, and Confed's emergency fighters drove them out of the system.

Back