Best movie quote

Originally posted by Templar
The funniest quotes come from the "edited for tv" movies.
Die Hard: "Yippie-Ki-Yi-Yay, Mini-Fourwheel!"

Holy dog****, tell me about the bad editing on movies when they're shown on TV. Here's an all time classic from Speed.

Payne has taken Harry as a hostage, and Jack has him at gunpoint.
Payne: Are you ready to die, friend?
Harry: ....... (He's meant to say f*** you to a laughing Payne).
Payne: Oh, in two hundred years, we go from "I regret that I have but one life to give to my country" to ".....you"? (The f*** is taken out).

Now, if I was watching the movie on TV, I'd be wondering "...., what the ....... hell is wrong with these can't .... .............. ......, they could ....... do a ....... better ....... job of editing the ............. ........... .... words out of the ....... movie." Not very coheasive.

From the movie "X-Files: Fight The Future"

Mulder, in a DC bar:
"I'm the key figure in an ongoing government charade, the plot to conceal the truth about the existence of extraterrestrials. It's a global conspiracy, actually, with key players in the highest levels of power, that reaches down into the lives of every man, woman, and child on this planet, so, of course, no one believes me. I'm an annoyance to my superiors, a joke to my peers. They call me Spooky. Spooky Mulder, whose sister was abducted by aliens when he was just a kid and who now chases after little green men with a badge and a gun, shouting to the heavens or to anyone who will listen that the fix is in, that the sky is falling and when it hits it's gonna be the shit-storm of all time."...

Barkeep:
"Ooookay, 'Spooky', I'd say you've had enough"
--------------------------
Excellent...just dripping with irony, since of course, Mulder was tellin' it like it was...

Originally posted by Preacher
From the movie "X-Files: Fight The Future"

Mulder, in a DC bar:
"I'm the key figure in an ongoing government charade, the plot to conceal the truth about the existence of extraterrestrials. It's a global conspiracy, actually, with key players in the highest levels of power, that reaches down into the lives of every man, woman, and child on this planet, so, of course, no one believes me. I'm an annoyance to my superiors, a joke to my peers. They call me Spooky. Spooky Mulder, whose sister was abducted by aliens when he was just a kid and who now chases after little green men with a badge and a gun, shouting to the heavens or to anyone who will listen that the fix is in, that the sky is falling and when it hits it's gonna be the shit-storm of all time."...

Barkeep:
"Ooookay, 'Spooky', I'd say you've had enough"
--------------------------
Excellent...just dripping with irony, since of course, Mulder was tellin' it like it was...

I'm so surprised that Claudia Cauchon, who does X Files reviews, did not pick up on this. For all you X Files fans, here's her web site. http://pubpages.unh.edu/~csc/xfiles/xffuture.html

"Freedom!" speech from Braveheart;

"Nothing sexier then getting a BJ from a superior officer" Jack Nicholson-A Few Good Men

"Replica Vs. Desert Eagle .50" speech from Snatch

"Some call me...Tim"-Enchanter-Monty Python's Holy Grail

"GET ON WITH IT" Monty Python's Holy Grail

More Python:

::arm hacked off by opponent's sword::
"Aw come on, it's just a flesh wound"

"Oh, c'mon, you fairy"

Another one from The Right Stuff:

LBJ: PANSIES! COWS!..... GLADIOLAS! Isn't there anyone who can deal with a housewife? Too :cool: .

Originally posted by Ender
"Bravely bold Sir Robin, bravely, bravely, ran away..."
No no its:
Brave Sir Robin ran away! Bravely ran away away!
I did not!
When danger reared its ugly head he bravely turned his tail and fled!
No
yes brave sir robin turned about and glanty he chickened out bravely taking to his feet he beat a very brave retreat bravesed of the brave! Sir Robin!
I memorized the script.

You must find...another shurbery!
*dramatic chord*
Not another shruberry!
Ni!
Then... when you have found the shurberry you must cut down the mightest tree in the forest....With....A herring!
We shall do no such thing!
Oh please!
Cut down a tree with a herring...It can't be done!
AHHHHH!
Don't say that word!
what word?
I cannot tell suffice to say is one of the words the Knights Who Say Ni cannot hear!

another...
We are now no longer the knights who say Ni!
Ni!
Shhh!
we are now the knights who say...Icky Icky Icky Icky Shabang zoobong swalla zhiv!
Ni!

Another good one, from End of Evangelion. For those who know, no explanation is needed. For those who don't, *spoiler* the protaganist, Shinji, jerks off over an unconcious girl in a hospital bed.
"I'm fucked up."

Back