behemoth

Probably comes without the map.

Since no battleship has triple-digit turrets, I seriously doubt the Behemoth would mount that many. <G>

but the oh so popular what if's! I mean seriously, what would you do with the biggest ship (correct me if im wrong, i think i am anyways) in the universe wich mounts the biggest (maybe 2nd biggest now) gun in the universe? let it fly helplessly with its phat cannon? or put in millions apun millions of turrets to scare the begeases outta ya?

There's the issue of whether or not it can *power* all those guns... Behemoth used a whole lot of fuel just to move itself a little bit <G> (Plus, the graphic of where it's missing turrets doesn't leave much room for them...).

The Kilrathi Dreadnought is roughly two times as large as the Behemoth, and IIRC, it didn't have that many turrets either.

The Behemoth wasn't your typical fighting ship ala destroyers or cruisers, that moves in with guns blazing. It wouldn't need triple-digit turrets if it's shields and armors were at full strength, and it had a proper cover, something that wasn't given to Tolwyn.

I thought the kilrathi dreadnaught was only about 3klicks long. I never knew it was *THAT* big too. jeez.. ive been reading in the wrong databases here.

btw... what the heck does IIRC mean? (twice have I asked, not once have I been awnsered, oh how cruel life is :D)

Furball dreadnought is 22 km long... it's right there in Victory Streak <G>

IIRC is "If I Recall Correctly".

and i thought the midway was big... I havent read VS in.. a year or something..

lemme guess, the midway is 200klicks long now. lol.

so why does it look bigger then the behemoth and dreadnaught? IMO it takes longer to afterburn across the midway then the dreadnaught, but i havent really passed through many dreadnaughts recently..

and you gotta admitt loaf, the graphics were really *cheap* for the behemoth since its such an old game (well.. kinda) and the graphics werent so great then. personally i think bigger ships look ugly as hell in WC3

[Edited by RATM on 05-31-2001 at 22:57]

Hm, have you ever seen the Midway next to the Behemoth or the Dreadnought? Afterburning next to ships is hardly an accurate way of measuring their lengths.

And before Prophecy, the scale of ships wasn't accurate.

Originally posted by Mav23
I was too busy blowin' up Kats to notice :)
theres plenty of missions to enjoy the behemoths bolts. And the dreadnaught is alone last i checked it was alone

Is it possible to transfer a model of the Behemoth and the Kilrathi Dreadnought to Vision with the proper scale? I would think that the textures would look pretty ugly without some work on it.

Crikey, I think you would run out of booster rocket before a Wasp flies from one end of the Dreadnought to the other. :eek:

I could see them building a Behemoth for the purposes of practicing attacks on it, for Cadets at the Academy, but I would think that would be a "shell" more than the actual product. Although it does sound like they made one, if they DID have something like it, it's possible they use it to have cadets focus on the weak spots in shield generators and the like for bombing purposes.

oh yeah, lets build a multi-billion (maybe even trillion :)) dollar planet destroying super weapon, and have a wing of CONFED academy pilots fly in and blow it up for PRACTICE!

(warning: emmense sarcasm may have been inserted into this post in my places)

Confed doesn't currently have a Behemoth. If it did we'd have seen it. Why? Because when you're being invaded you pull out your big guns. Alternatively how could Confed pay for 10 Midways if its got a Behemoth? I mean a single purpose vessel like Behemoth would be incredibly expensive to maintain in peacetime and how would you justify having one with nobody to attack?

As for Behemoth's armaments Confed planners must recognize the fact that as soon as the enemy find out about Behemoth and what it can do, they're going to do 1 of 2 things.
Option A: Surrender. It's not worth taking on a weapon that eats planets for breakfast.
Option B: Throw everything you've got at Behemoth because if you don't, it'll blow away your planets. A situation totally unacceptable from the strategic POV.
Ergo Behemoth must be bristling with defensive and offensive weaponry.

Good point. No sense of making Midways and Plunketts and Murphys when Confed already has a Behemoth, I guess.

Back