behemoth

Zebum

Spaceman
I was wondering why Confed never built any more behemoth's after the war. They could have been very useful against the bugs. I mean if it can destroy a planet think of what it could do to a fleet (surely more than the bugs ship killer weapon)

I think, like the Sivar before it, it would take too long for it to prime to be used against a movable fleet. Station or planet, perhaps, fleet, no.

I believe the Prophecy Guide implies that Confed has, indeed, build more Behemoths... although I've no idea why, given it's reletively high cost and limited use.

Well I think everyone's glad that the BL didn't get their hands on them during the BW conflict.

<Like secret unmarked fighters>

<Like (insert overly long dramatic pause) bioweapons>

We could've had a better option in the Confed council meeting if they did use a Behemoth...

<Like a deathstar?>

Still would've been an impressive display of firepower...

Also, what a cool way of winning the council's favour in the end of the game!

Think of the guns on that thing. I mean. if they'd actually finish it in WC3 that thing would have a *lot* of guns IMO. And what would you do if you saw a mile+long (i dont know the exact lengh) dreadnaught knocking on your door. (although the Tiamat sure was easy to fry... but thats WCP) personally I'd think you'd have a dilly of a pickle (lol) to fry it.

plus it makes you look all mighty and powerfull, adding to the fear factor :D

11 klicks??? HOLY... thats like.. long.. imagine 11klicks of gun turrets yeesh!

hey your icon works again. :)

Yeah, KrisV fixed it...

I don't know how heavily armed Behemoth would have been -- she's a big gun, *not* a battleship. <G>

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I believe the Prophecy Guide implies that Confed has, indeed, built more Behemoths...
Prophecy or Prophecy Gold? I don't rememeber any such implication.

Me neither, and I have WCP, and WCPG(old). Are you sure that was in the Prophecy manuel?

No, it mentions Behemoth...

It says that the Tiamat can be compared to one thing only in Confed's arsenal: Behemoth. That's only in the raw power it can muster.

I took this to mean that Behemoths are still a design that Confed retains. I didn't think it meant they had built a new Behemoth...lack of necessity.

The exact quote from the WCP manual is: "The only thing that the Confed has that even comes close is the Behemoth, and even it is only similar in the sheer raw power that it can muster."

Note "has"--present tense. Certainly sounds like Confed did build another one.

I have the Spanish version of WCP (subtitle and manuals, but no voices, thanks god!!!!) and not come with the map. They sold me the game without the map, or this version comes without it ????

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah, KrisV fixed it...

I don't know how heavily armed Behemoth would have been -- she's a big gun, *not* a battleship. <G>

Well imagine it having a few turrets.. (triple digits?) i think that would be possible, not to mention very costly..

Back