Balancing the killboard

Well, in the missions that you fly with your wingmen, you are basically competing with them for the same kills. For example, if there are 20 enemies to kill on a mission, then either you get the kills or your wingman does. That means that part of the reason that your wingmen doesn't get many kills is because you take out all the enemies before he even has a chance.

Well, you can just sit there and let your wingmen try to take out enemy craft, but it takes too long! Especially in Wc3 and Wc4, except for when they fired missiles.

Hey ........in what difficulty do you play ? :p
The wingmen alone dont have a chance against the enemies...
They usually just eject ......

Originally posted by StarLight
I'm so glad guys don't have to wear high heels.

You do if you're properly dressed to snag a guy!;)

By the way, your quote is dyslexic.

I had to put SOMETHING, didn't I?

But it's what I noticed when I played Wc3. Flash says "I'd ask you to shine my shoes, but I like my shoes too much" but the subtitles below have "I'd ask you to shoe my shine, but I like my shoes too much"

Maybe it's just the one I've got...check it out for me will you? It's the scene right after Blair chooses to fly the Excalibur and Flash gets pissed off at him.

By the way, have you looked at anyone wearing high heels? They've pretty much got their entire body weight on their toes! The ankles are bent for most of it - it looks very uncomfortable. My motto is, if it ain't comfy, don't wear it.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Even at the first WC ,there is the same prob with the Killboard....just think that in the "actual" Wc universe the things are different and the wingmen do their job

Remember tho... in the "actual" WC universe, your wingmen would be pretty much as good as you... so the ENEMY pilots would be pretty much as good as you too (if also flying somewhat inferior ships), how would you like to fight yourself... usually at 4-6 to 1 odds against? :D

Well,remember that your character "Christopher Blair" -or Bluehair in Wc- is an Ace.....so he is maybe something more than the others.....TCSTigersClaw was full of aces,but looks like Blair was something more.....

So Maybe in the "actual" Universe Blair was still in the top of the Killboard ,but I dont think with such a difference from the others (1000000000 kills
:p )

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
So Maybe in the "actual" Universe Blair was still in the top of the Killboard ,but I dont think with such a difference from the others (1000000000 kills
:p )

Blair isn't at the top of the killboard, actually. He's the 11th greatest ace in Space Force history.

heh... yeah. He just has this knack of being in the right place at the wrong time, what with killing an enemy they'd been at war with for decades, stopping a potential war with the Border Worlds, heading the Midway project, and of course, semi-demi-pseudo-half dying at the end of Prophecy.

Originally posted by TC
Blair isn't at the top of the killboard, actually. He's the 11th greatest ace in Space Force history.

But he's the confed pilot who killed more Kilrathi aces. Including the heir to Kilrah. Not to mention that he took out Kilrah itself.

doesn't matter who or what he took out, there are still 10 pilots who have more kills than him

IIRC, those pilots were from the days when defence systems were negligible, so kills were relatively easy. Still, I find it hard to believe that they scored so many thousand kills.

Originally posted by Aries
doesn't matter who or what he took out, there are still 10 pilots who have more kills than him

Of course it does matter. Blair killed more Kilrathi aces than anyone else. He is known as "savior of the confederation", not to menion that he is the most decorated pilot.

According to Victory Streak, Blair has fewer kills than Maniac, but Blair killed more "high status" targets--Kilrathi aces, starbases, etc., not to mention the T-bomb run.

Wasn't there supposed to be another Colonel who was to do the T-bomb run?

And don't think it matter that many of the top 10 pilots were flying in earlier days when shields were thin and stuff. They would have faced just a greater challenge in thinly shielded ships of their own.

Wasn't there supposed to be another Colonel who was to do the T-bomb run?

A unit onboard TCS Eagle was originally going to deliver the T-Bomb. "Spyder", from WCP, was supposedly one of the pilots involved.

And don't think it matter that many of the top 10 pilots were flying in earlier days when shields were thin and stuff. They would have faced just a greater challenge in thinly shielded ships of their own.

Another factor, according to the WCP Guide, is that the Kilrathi were far more prone to using kamikaze-style attacks in the early days of the war -- making racking up kills easier.

According to Victory Streak, Blair has fewer kills than Maniac, but Blair killed more "high status" targets--Kilrathi aces, starbases, etc., not to mention the T-bomb run.

I don't seem to recall anything like that from Victory Streak... according to the ICIS Manual, Blair is ranked at 11th highest, with Maniac in 14th place (with about 2000 kills at that time). Blair holds the record for ace kills, but Maniac has taken out some 'high profilWasn't there supposed to be another Colonel who was to do the T-bomb run?

Originally posted by Delance
Of course it does matter. Blair killed more Kilrathi aces than anyone else. He is known as "savior of the confederation", not to menion that he is the most decorated pilot.

and when it comes right down to the heart of the matter, there are 10 pilots who have more kills than he does, aces or not. as for being the 'savior of the confederation', if someone else had dropped the t-bomb, they would be the 'savior of the confederation' blair was just in the right place at the right time. story of his life. and as for him being the most decorated pilot, there is this great quote from hunter in WC1 that goes something along the lines of 'regulations, medals, wingmen, their all sheepdip'

Originally posted by Aries
and when it comes right down to the heart of the matter, there are 10 pilots who have more kills than he does, aces or not. as for being the 'savior of the confederation', if someone else had dropped the t-bomb, they would be the 'savior of the confederation' blair was just in the right place at the right time. story of his life. and as for him being the most decorated pilot, there is this great quote from hunter in WC1 that goes something along the lines of 'regulations, medals, wingmen, their all sheepdip'

Wow, what's this, Blair-bashing day? :D

What’s your point, Aries?

Blair has something no other confed pilot has... [play WC1 theme]4 games of his own. 1 b-movie where he's the hero. 1 animated tv-series where he's the hero. Only he is the heart of the tiger.[/play WC1 theme]

The number of kills is not a very good way of measure, neither. Remember WCP? A remora does as much good to the killboard as a d-ray.

Not to mention the 10-year hiatus in the prime of Blair's career.

Originally posted by Delance

Blair has something no other confed pilot has... [play WC1 theme]4 games of his own. 1 b-movie where he's the hero. 1 animated tv-series where he's the hero. Only he is the heart of the tiger.[/play WC1 theme]

For he truly is the Kwisatz Haderach!

Back