Bad memory

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
I've often flown the final mission without any wingman at all. Simply don't choose any at the briefing.

I did that a couple of times. My usual way around the wingman problem though, was to pick the wingmen I didn't particularly like for the one way trip, with Flash and Maniac being at the top of the list. :)

Best, Raptor

Has anyone ever had Maniac bug out on them, I am sure he did once on the final mission with me

Originally posted by Oggy
Has anyone ever had Maniac bug out on them, I am sure he did once on the final mission with me

One time he bugged out on me when his ship was super damaged. and on the last mission he died

If I remember correctly, the official guide to WC3 says that his stats change in the final mission, making more brave and more likely to follow orders, due to the seriousness of the situation.

Best, Raptor

I just never take Manic full stop. He very rarly does what you want him to and he sometimes gets himself killed. But a good thing that you can do with Manic is, if you destroy all the fighters/bombers in the area, you can then tell him to attack a Cruiser, Carrier, etc. on his own and then site back at a safe distance and watch him. He normally dies if you tell him or let him attack a Cruiser, but hes good at taking out Destroyers, Corvettes, Carriers (sometimes) and sometimes Heavy Destroyers. But if you tell him to attack the last two capships on that list, he normally comes out a mess.
I normally attack capships when ever I can. The first thing that I do is go for the turrets. For example, if I'm attacking a Heavy Destroyer, I start with a straffing run on the top of it. Most of the time I just do straffing runs all over the capship to take out most of the turrets. (A good tool for this is the Auto-Slide on the Excalibur and the Arrow.) Then when you have taken out all the turrets that can get you just attack that spot. The ship is defenceless. e.g. If you want to concentrate on the top of a capship, only take out the turrets on the top. The bottom ones can't get you. Then there easy to take out.
Just referig to that ace thing at the beginning of this thread, I think that all the aces are in it, depending on the level of difficultly that it is on. If your mad enought like me, try the game on Nightmare and see how far you get. I think that you will find more aces. I think that I found them all. But, if you don't want to do that, and I don't blame you, there is an easier way to find the aces. If you have WCP go into the simulator and run Mission 2 I think! It could be 3. And then at one waypoint, I think, you will find all the Kilrathi Aces attacking a transport. Even Thrakath. But, they are all in Vaktoth. And there all easy. The bugs are harder.

Originally posted by Excalibur
I just never take Manic full stop.

I think you mean Maniac.

Originally posted by Excalibur
But a good thing that you can do with Manic is,

so, what can you do with manic??? Is he useful in anyway??? maybe manic can say something??? hehe ;)

LOAF already said that not all Kilrathi aces were included in the PC version of WC3, your memory must be freaking on you ;).

And the bugs harder than the Kilrathi? At least the Kilrathi ships had decent guns (ok, the Manta and Devil Rays are harder than Kilrathi ).

The Kilrathi were much more of a challenge than the bugs. I hate to admit that infron of Mekt and Raptor, but, its not saying that much, so i dont feel too bad! ;)

if you destroy all the fighters/bombers in the area, you can then tell him to attack a Cruiser, Carrier, etc. on his own and then site back at a safe distance and watch him. He normally dies if you tell him or let him attack a Cruiser, but hes good at taking out Destroyers, Corvettes, Carriers (sometimes) and sometimes Heavy Destroyers. But if you tell him to attack the last two capships on that list, he normally comes out a mess.

I wrote that after: But a good thing that you can do with Maniac is,

Question: if all the aces were not included with the original WC3, could they have been in the Kilrathi Saga version of WC3?

I also wonder this about the 'missing' movie scenes (like the Hobbes explanation); were they included in the Kilrathi Saga? I haven't played either in a long while so I can't remember... must borrow Kilrathi Saga from friend again...

You have a good point. Maybe all the Kilrathi Aces were in the Kilrathi Saga. I can't be sure because I havn't got it. I want to get it but I can't find it anywhere. And for the movies, again I have no idea. Sorry.:(

Back