Bad memory

Mekt-Hakkikt

Mpanty's bane
Hi!

Some questions just flipped into my mind and I can't answer them myself at the moment, since I ma quite tired and will go to bed soon. I'd appreciate your help.

1) I just read in the Confed Handbook and there it gives the mass for Snakeir super-dreadnought as 67,000 tonnes but I seem to remember that in the movie, when Blair asks Merlin for the tonnage of the Snakeir (to lure it into Scylla), it is given as 200,000 tonnes. Do I have a bad memory?

2) Is it possible to battle all Kilrathi aces mentioned in VS in Wc3 (for PC)? I remember fighting Fireclaw in his Darket, Bloodmist in his Paktahn and Tharkhath in his Bloodfang. I am not sure about Stalker but I think you have to battle him when fighting against Hobbes.
What about Deathstroke and Deathfang? Are they included in the game, perhaps on a losing path mission?

And last but not least: What is the armament of the aces' modified fighters in WC3?

IIRC: Fireclaw's Darket had 2 Plasma guns instead of 2 Meson Blasters, Bloodmist's Paktahn had 4 Plasma and 2 Lasers instead of 4 Plasma and 2 Ion and Stalker's Strakha had 2 Neutron guns and..., I forgot.

These are my questions and I am very eager to see all your wonderful answers tomorrow morning when I get up.

Thanks in advance. :)

I think you do get to fight deathstroke and deathfang in wc3. Its been a while since ive played it, but if i remember correctly you do. There was six aces right?

I never remembered where I fight the aces, they were all the same to me. :)

I didn't even notice they had different armament before, since the blasters in WC3 are just different coloured polygons.

I think a couple of the aces may be on lower track missions.

I remember there's one Ace right before Kilrah. Stalker. He cloaks but is an easy kill.

So easy, even your wingman can handle him... several times!

I think Mekt had him covered already, anyway.

I'm 99% sure that all of the mentioned Aces in VS are actually in WC3. To be otherwise is just silly.

aces always annoyed me, they weren't dangerous to you, just took forever to kill (in my Arrow at least).

Originally posted by LeHah
I'm 99% sure that all of the mentioned Aces in VS are actually in WC3. To be otherwise is just silly.

I find it hard to believe that even one percent of you is right...:)

The Vaktoth and Dralthi aces (Deathstroke and Deathfang, respectively) don't appear in the PC WC3 -- just the 3DO version.

Stalker does appear -- up to twice! He's part of the group attacking the Victory if you go to kill Hobbes at the first opportunity, and he's at the next to last nav-point on the last Kilrah mission if you have any wingmen left (and he respawns until you don't have any wingmen left <G>).

Seems that my memory didn't fail me this time, thanks LOAF. And, of course, thanks to you others for trying. :)

Now only the different armament and the mass of the Snakeir remain to be answered, though I can check the Snakeir issue myself now by watching the DVD again.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...he's at the next to last nav-point on the last Kilrah mission if you have any wingmen left (and he respawns until you don't have any wingmen left <G>).

That respawning ticked me off. :mad:

I had Vagabond left and he just kept coming. I thought it was a game error or something.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
....and he respawns until you don't have any wingmen left <G>).

which is damn retarded. I played that one nav point for half an hour before i just afterburned away................

I think those last two nav points confused everyone... then again, it probably encourages you to use your cloak - which Paladin advises if anyone pays attention to the nav map. ;)

Eh, frankly, I was amazed by the number of people who *didn't* review their nav map first on that last mission... it just seemed like a routine thing to me.

I thought Paladin meant to be cloaked from the get go... so there I was. I never check the nav map for mission objectives, that's secondary... I check it to see how many nav points of work I have to do.

Heh..I played the last m,ission with no wingmen on Invulnerable... :D Hey, I was a kid!

I have a Q : How many of you kills the Cruisers and Destroyers (there many of them) in the final mission or just the fighters and then autopilot to the next navpoint.

When I first played it on a rather easy level, I attacked and estroyed the cap ships. Later on higher levels, I tend to ignore them, depending on how badly beaten I am.

I'll be honest 1st time I used invunerable, ran through all of them and blew them up oh yeah I was cloaked the whole time. Of couse as my skill advanced I actually paid attention to Paladin when he said(on psx) make sure you are cloaked by this point, and as for the cap ships it depends on how brave I feel and how many holes are in my ship.

In the final mission I only shoot at Hobbes and Thrakhath. I'm cloaked the whole time and send my wingman home first chance I get.

Back