Armada

I don't have a problem with my mouse, I have a problem getting the **** thing to work in Win '95, not pure Dos (still no luck, but I will attain this goal...).

Wow... why would getting a serial mouse to work in DOS be hard? Just grab a mouse driver (some small ones are available in the files section) and load them up in autoexec.bat or config.sys, whichever's applicable to that driver.

With regards to Armada in windows... it doesn't work at all...

Originally posted by Wedge009
Not even in Privateer? It's always fun to let the pirates blast merchants while you pick up their cargo, then finish off the pirates yourself. :)

*LOL* Now thats not nice.

Originally posted by Templar
On that subject, to stay friendly with the pirates, shoot down two merchants right off the bat at the start of the game (and don't kill pirates, but that goes without saying). Your relations with the Mercs will go down to hostile, shoot-up some cats and retros untill you are on neutral terms again. Kill another merchant, rinse and repeat. Do this untill you reach your fifth merchant, (by then you will be on friendly with the pirates.)
Why bother? I find it quite lonely with only Retros and Kilrathi to kill Lynch resets my records in RF. In fact, pirates probably make up about half of my kill score. :)

Originally posted by Knitewing
Now thats not nice.
Hey, it's pirating (if that's a word)... from pirates! Oh, sweet irony...

Why bother? Do ye wish not to drink from the same bottle as unwashed bandits? :) In any case, you don't get shot-up when you go to a pirate base if you are among the Brotherhood of the Sea... err... Space.
With regards to Armada in windows... it doesn't work at all...
Never say it-doesn't-work-at-all! I shall find a way, though the answer is probably too great for the human mind to comprehend. I might wind up giving myself a crude loabotamy with a power drill, like that guy in "Pi". :(

Meh, pirates are easy, even in asteroids. :) It's the fighting-Kilrathi-in-asteroids thing you do for Taryn Cross which used to bug me.

kilrathi + asteroids = BITCH! fighting pirates is easy... retros always seemed to give me a good run for my money... but they could usually be handled... god bless FOF

Back