Alpha Test Game 4

Sorry, I'm here, I swear.

I did find someone who will, when I get around to explaining what is needed, build the map editor for us (which I feel is the one tool I don't want to make that is holding this project back). If/when that happens, I'll also go back into a development mode for other game features.

Meanwhile, on test Game 4, it sounds like most of you want to continue. What shall I do with the remaining ships Pantheos ships?

Options are:

a) Turn them over to the 3 remaining players
b) Pantheos sees this and submits orders
c) Someone lurking takes over the ships
d) I make them disappear in a puff of smoke.

Please submit your vote for the above by next weekend, and I'll do something with them regardless then.

Here is fine. considering there are only 3 players (active) in game 4, hopefully two of you will agree on an option!

Someone building a map editor? That'd be great news indeed! :) I'll also skim through the 3D pack recently released on the news section to see if we could maybe add some more ship types to the bunch.

As for my vote: I'm for anything except a). So if b) or c) don't happen, I'm all for d). Savvy? :p

Given the "overwhelming" support for c or d (i.e. everyone voted) I open up C to the general audience.

Anyone out there lurking, or previous WCTO/WCTOO player who wants to take over for Pantheon? Reply by midnight in your local time on the 4th of September, or we'll go with option D and make them just disappear.

Howdy, I'm just a lurker, its 10:49 local on the 3rd, and I'll volunteer to take over for Pantheos...though if I'm reading the battle map correctly, this dude's only got one ship left...and it's an Epee. I probably won't be helping y'all out with your Alpha for long.

EDIT: Oh wait, he's got two more ships there, in the same hex as Sierra1

Congrats, you're in. Please make an account on the game site, and let me know when that's done. I'll then switch ship ownership over to you.

I made an account and activated it shortly after that initial post. Ready to go when you guys are.

Just being sure here: the game's currently on the Movement Phase of Round 5, is that right?

Done. Shooting orders for this turn are in too; waiting on y'all at this point...

Quick question: I noticed that Component Damage is mentioned in the rules, but those rules don't appear to be in the current manual. Have y'all implemented them, are y'all still discussing that aspect of the game, or what?

At the moment, component damage is not coded, frankly because Ironduke hasn't fully itemized how it would work... and there are other game features that are in the manual that aren't here yet (like flak and line of sight)

Yeah, this end phase might finally see some explosions... ;)
@capi3101: As Avacar said, it's not implemented. I've started to redo the existing internal damage system from scratch, but right now, I think the game rules need a lot more beta-testing before moving on with more (and more complicated) features.

@Avacar, Ironduke: Cool, just curious. Working on a similar type of game myself at the moment and just curious how far along y'all were with development.

Just waiting on Skanks at this point, then I'm down a couple of Epees...

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the game asked me if I wanted to tail my own guy...

It also seems I've misunderstood the weapon firing rules...I thought you could fire guns or missiles, not both at the same time. Looks like that happened a couple of times this turn. Missed an opportunity to cause some serious damage, looks like.

Back