All time favorites

I think all these "favorite" lists will become meaningless if someone ever brings out a WC multiplayer game that converts easily.

Speaking of which, what would be involved with doing a multiplayer port for WCP, sort of like what was originally done with Doom?

I asked this eles where and unless you have the sorce code and a very good programer it cann't happen. Seams that noone can find or origin didn't leave any partical multiplayer code around. Except the ship selector thing in the sim as I think that was a left over.

Originally posted by Dark Tower
Seams that noone can find or origin didn't leave any partical multiplayer code around.

What was the reason for not putting multiplayer capabilities in WCP anyway? Origin and EA had UO going full blast, did'nt they get the hint that the game needed multiplayer capabilities? Or were they asleep at the wheel on that? Seems anything related to WC, OSI and EA are in a very deep sleep. Someone grab ol Big Ben and wake them up!

RFBurns

"Repent, and accept our rightious judgement!" [Retros, Privateer/RF]

Favorite ships? I've done this before, but hey, I don't remember covering WC1-2. Though, I do remember talking about WC1...

WC1 - Rapier without a doubt. It's fast and manueverable, which I need, comes with lasers for far off targets, and more powerful guns for in close. Second fave is the Raptor.

WC2 - Anything heavier than a Ferret that has AB's. I'm not into bombers that much though. I suck in those in any WC game.

WC3 - A tie between the Hellcat and the Excalibur, though I LOVE it when I get the Excal... something about speed, manueverability and massive guns. Hehe.

WC 4 - Dragon. May seem cliche, but my reason is that I use AB's constantly. The Dragon is the best in that part, plus it has unlimited decoys. Don't believe me? Well, the next time someone fires a missile at you and you're out of decoys, hit the cloak button, and you'll see what I mean. :)

WCP/SO - Panther in both. It's not an upgrade over the Vamp, but in SO, the Vamp sucks in firepower. The Panther is fast in all respects, and can dish out some serious damage when the situation gets hot.

I'll take the Black Panther anyday. Once you master the guns and the way it turns nothing can stop you...ok, the missile laodout coulda been better...

Originally posted by RFBurns
What was the reason for not putting multiplayer capabilities in WCP anyway? Origin and EA had UO going full blast, did'nt they get the hint that the game needed multiplayer capabilities? Or were they asleep at the wheel on that? Seems anything related to WC, OSI and EA are in a very deep sleep. Someone grab ol Big Ben and wake them up!
There was supposed to be a multiplayer mode in WCP... some of the boxes even have multiplayer requirements written on them. But, in order to have the game released without delaying the release date (fans always complain very loudly about delays), they decided to cut it out. There were plans for an add-on that would, amongst other things, give multiplayey capabilities. Some of the people who were here longer than me can probably explain what happened to it... as I understand it, the add-on turned into Secret Ops, but I wasn't here back then, so I might be wrong.

No Regret, the missile loadout is wonderful if you know how to use it. Against the tougher ships (i.e. Stingrays), shoot them until their entire front is down on your indicator, and fire a missile at their bare hull. Bug spray. :)

Stingrays? Tough? Those two words don't go together. A Stingray will die if you sneeze at it.

yes

i agree, but then i always flew on rookie difficulty. anything else just gets too hard when u try to defend ur carrier, cos u go after the bombers and your wingmen die/fly around aimlessly/eject

The most effective way to defend your carrier to find any ship nearby capable of bombing and have you wingman attack it. Then find another nearby bomber and take it out yourself. I rarely have problems with assualt forces then, because even if my wingman don't take out the bomber, they usually keep it from attacking the carrier also.

i do that as well... but they cant even keep it off the carrier very well. and maniac just ignores me

no matter for i am christopher blair / lance casey and i am undefeatable

Failing an absolutely perfect bomber interception, have you guys tried firing on the torpedoes? They're not as hard to shoot down as they look. :)

Well, I go after the bombers and let my wingmans do whater they want, If I see a torp flying in, I shoot him. SO is a good example of Bomber interception.
BTW I always play in the middle dificulty, and the rookie mode in SO makes the game HARDER istead of easier, because it lowers the AI of your wingmans.

Protecting your cap ship

I always have my wingmen go after the bombers while flying nearby the carrier. That way if one slips thru, youre in a good position to shoot down the missle. The wingmen will keep the Stingrays busy while you clear out fighter cover. Hopefully your wingmen will stay alive long enough to keep them busy. Sometimes they just fly around mindless and beg for help! Flying near your carrier, you can use the turrets on the carrier to your advantage, just watch out for that crossfire! Ooohh, what a mess!

RFBurns

"We've got this sector bottled tight friend" [militia, Privateer/RF]

its much easier to kill your carrier yourself, in a couple of the games u can get away with it (wc1, 3?) saves the kilrathi/confed/bugs doing the job

either that or invul goes on - here comes neo-deity blair, "im just going to go take down a couple dozen hostiles, dont worry rachel ill be back to finish u off just stay rright there, keep ya legs open"

are the bugs really called nephilim? i never saw it in game...

Master Anarchist,

The bugs were tentatively called nephilim by confed, but no one really knows the species' real name. The name "Nephilim" was announced in press releases for the game.

press releases just annoy me, they are always wrong...

doesnt nephilim have something to do with satan

the bugs arent evil just a different type of good
maybe they think they want to releive all suffering, and to be human is to suffer so they decided to kill us

Actually, the last time I saw the term "nephilim", it seemed to be in reference to one of the choirs of angels.

For the bugs representing a different good, perhaps, perhaps not. Listening to the game dialogue, they are certainly out for conquest. To them that is their sole purpose for existing. The good they're looking out for, is their own.

Back