A thread about Privateer

Thrak...

After Strike Commander, Privateer is my favorite game ever... And the strange thing?

I've never played it *lol*

You get this feel for it, You know?

I've been to lots of sites, heard stories and the game seems to work beautifully... Since Strike Comm and WC2, my 1st and 3rd favorite games were stacked on either side of this chronologically and I love the general idea of the game, I think it would be hard for it to be disappointing. In fact, I have ordered it, should have it in about a week, then after six months of configuring I can tell You if I still agree or not...

Oh I have, I sure wish You could get a nice text-only printable version of the discussion in something resembling IRC form...

Sometimes, but not commonly, Retros would ram you - Talons and Salthi both. Talon ramming usually meant a free kill, but the Salthi was a bit more painful.

Of course. AFAIK, in any WC game, when a ship is destroyed, the last ship it was in contact with (whether by gun fire, missile fire, or shield/hull contact) was the ship responsible for its destruction. Hence, it is counted as your kill. :)

Keep on fighting! Fight even when you know you're beaten. FIGHT! Who knows, you may even bluff them into submission!

I Like to ramm the talons with my old Centurion.....
and they give me crappy items like alcohol,or generic food...never a slave,Brilliance.....Mhhhhhh Ghost...... y want a Ghost....

Originally posted by Ghost
I Like to ramm the talons with my old Centurion.....
and they give me crappy items like alcohol,or generic food...never a slave,Brilliance.....Mhhhhhh Ghost...... y want a Ghost....

Ya,..those Retro Talons like to ram too! Especially when they start getting the hint they are loosing the battle, they purposely fly right for you, you veer away to avoid the collision, and what do they do,...turn right for you and WHAM! By by Retro! :D

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 05-18-2001 at 13:21]

Back