A thought on the Rachel Flint debate

Yeah it's fun the first time around, but it's suuuch a long mission that having the directions switch every five seconds starts to get unnerving.

It *is* kinda cool gettin chewed out by Flint when you land. OF course I always gotta put her in her place, hey, I'M the WC here. Back off, I'm not Kilrathi...

Mordecai said:
Yeah it's fun the first time around, but it's suuuch a long mission that having the directions switch every five seconds starts to get unnerving.
I agree. I'm glad they put that in, but once is enough. I also think they could've done a better job simulating drunkeness. I got drunk a few times in college, and I don't recall my motor skills reversing every few seconds. It would've been better if they made time go a bit faster and skip a second or two every now and then and make the screen a bit blurry to simulate impaired judgement and reaction time.

Blurring definitely would've been better. I've been drunk too (years ago) and my skills never Reversed....maybe a lil slower, but not backwards because you can feel yourself moving when you pull the stick and you can feel yourself going the wrong way even when you're drunk.

I don't know if anyone here's ever played Tomb Raider: Last Revelation but when you got poisoned the screen would wobble and blurr, a perfect drunk simulation. Maybe that's in the specs for the remake (what'll they think of next?)

Bandit LOAF said:
No, no, I'm one of those people who drive better drunk...

I don't think you are, but I sure hope your not serious!

I think a good effect for any future drunk missions would be seeing double... and having to try and figure out which spot is the real target.

Hehe, no, I'm being sarcastic. It's one of those stupid frat boy sayings.

I don't drive, and very rarely drink.

It would have been interesting about adding the drunken feeling when playing in Wing Commander. They did that in one mission in WC3 and that was amusing for a bit...thou they have should have done more for it.

Dahan said:
It would have been interesting about adding the drunken feeling when playing in Wing Commander. They did that in one mission in WC3 and that was amusing for a bit...thou they have should have done more for it.

What, throw in a plotline where Blair becomes a raging alcoholic? Imagine having to do the T-Bomb run on Kilrah while hammered.

And you would have to monitor your blood alcohol content along with your fuel, shields, and gun energy.

haha, twice as fun.....
and a Kilrathi Highway Patrolman stopping him on the way to Kilrah and have a random breath test on him...why not

Before LeHah beats me to it: Women, religion, alcohol... - what'll come next? Guns?

Errrr.. I forgot; the whole WC thing is about guns.

Okay. Smokes, anyone?

criticalmass said:
Before LeHah beats me to it: Women, religion, alcohol... - what'll come next? Guns?

Thats not what Id say at all. Id say "Someone close this thread" again.

Ya I drunk in college a few times too! Those were the days.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
I agree. I'm glad they put that in, but once is enough. I also think they could've done a better job simulating drunkeness. I got drunk a few times in college, and I don't recall my motor skills reversing every few seconds. It would've been better if they made time go a bit faster and skip a second or two every now and then and make the screen a bit blurry to simulate impaired judgement and reaction time.

Back