A few recent trends

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
... thus, she's someone we can worry about. (Actually, I'd be willing to bet that if we were to continue following such a case, we'd find that she doesn't *actually* win millions of dollars -- but the evil corporations appealing and winning just doesn't make for good news... <G>).
I believe that I heard/read somewhere that McD's had appealed and brought the award down a bit - still in the millions though (the real winner is always the lawyers). And who is worse, the opportunists that bring up frivolous lawsuits or the jurors that award millions to someone too stupid to handle a cup of coffee? I worry more about them.

Originally posted by Fishbone
...Big Brother was the worst thing which was ever produced. I didn't watch it any time!

Well aren't you gonna be a bucket full of sour grapes once you find out what's coming back this summer :)

But... continuing to make something doesn't mean that Fishbone will like it...

I mean, they made a Freespace *2*, for example.

This Thread is closed...wait...I'm not a mediator on this board, am I? Whoops, sorry... :D

Whoa! Lots of replies to LeHah! <G>
Originally posted by LeHah
MPanty: CROM! I have never prayed to you before...I have no tounge for it...Grant me one request...Grant me revenge! And if you do not help me...Then the hell with you!!! <G>
Answer à la Hobbes:
"Forgive me my friend, but I do not know what you are talking about..."

Well, Fishbone, Big Brother failed over here in America, so we're still unaffected by it...

However, Survivor and Who Wants To Be a Millionare? OUCH!
Count in all major reality shows and you've got a list...
I hear that Temptation Island had a huge success as well...

Big Brother is having a great success in Europe. Don't forget that for once, it isn't an American invention (well, technically it comes from Orwell's 1984, but Orwell was British... :p On a side note: did you know that Orwell's pen-name was Eric BLAIR? <G> ), it was first started in Holland on the channel Veronica.

And now Italy (Il Grande Fratello) and France (Loft Story) are going through it, and the success is not surprisingly (but sadly :rolleyes: ) immense...
This Thread is closed...wait...I'm not a mediator on this board, am I? Whoops, sorry... <G>
LOL! Don't get too excited! ;)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-12-2001 at 22:49]

Originally posted by mpanty
Big Brother is having a great success in Europe. Don't forget that for once, it isn't an American invention (well, technically it comes from Orwell's 1984, but Orwell was British... :p

You mean they made that game? Mail me a copy! :D

On second thought, don't...it could be warez or something...

[Edited by Bob McDob on 06-13-2001 at 02:04]

We've all suffered a lot of 'reality' TV shows lately, but I hardly watch free-to-air these days, so I'm impervious to any nonsense Big Brother and the rest. :)

Say, anyone heard of Roswell Conspiricies? I can't help think that Logan and Rinaker are so much like Blair and Tolwyn.

With regards to reality TV shows... this, too, shall pass -- remember when everybody was obsessed with game shows a year ago?

In Argentina Big Brother is a crap... but everybody love the program !!!!!!! and there is a debate show of the Big Brother...what a mess !!

But... continuing to make something doesn't mean that Fishbone will like it.../quote]
Hehe... I am quite hard to please. How did you ever notice that?:D
But serious:
If I remember how many discussions followed on Big Brother when it was first sended in the Netherlands...and now? We've got the third serie on air. It's terrible. Will it ever end? I really feel confused. Sometimes they got good films on that channel. But every evening that...
But less people watch it. It's getting too normal. Not so exclusive any more. So there's hope.

With regards to reality TV shows... this, too, shall pass -- remember when everybody was obsessed with game shows a year ago?
I suppose you're right LOAF... when people will get tired of spying on other people's lives, they will move on to some other crazy thing...

Yet, I think it'll be a while before this crazy thing is over... :(

Back