A discussion on the true nature of the Nephilim

$tormin

Vice Admiral
this has probably allready been done before but what do you believe the nephilm are all about? since almost nothing is known about them it leaves alot of room for deduction.
Whats your theory?

I think they're about conqouring alien species. Don't they also say something about "harvesting" us? Or is that just an empty threat?

i think they are much like ants. they have found another colony (us) and plan to eliminate this potential rival :)

but we're the good guys so we'll kick their giant bug butts out of our space! Maybe, when Casey kills off all the bugs he'll get a weird nick-name like Blair and "Heart of the Tiger".

yeah but ant scouts are much weaker than gatherers or warriors. this is the setting for a really cool game. the nephilm come in with a HUGE ammount of supurior ships and maybe the steltek have to come in.

maybe, in the last game (by that I mean the sequel to SO and the ending of the Nephlim), all of Confeds allies (even the Kats), will push into Nephilim space, and go out on an all out attack on their civilization. I mean, fifteen or so space-faring races to one giant "ant colony" ought to suffice :)

I don't really think so...

I've been making some research about the nature of Nephilem, the intended plot line which was left 'untouched' since SO.

Let see it this way:
- The Nephilem are pretty much unknown to us.
- The Kilrathi had a myth saying that they are the Star-Gods or something so.
- When Kilrah was destroyed, they arrived into the Kilrathi sector... and start moving around.
- They also met us humans, which was quite something to them.

Remember the time they abducted Blair, and later on did things on him. Eventhough we manage to rescue him again, Blair had a traumatic experiences, where many of his past and haunting memories were forced outside him...
"They're fascinated by us, Casey. They're fascinated by our ability to kill."

Now... why are they fascinated? Because in certain times we do good and in others times we do things bad. There are times when we act altruistic and helped those that are in need. Yet we can't denied the fact that many historical facts have been accompanied with bloodshed.

BLOODSHED. That equals, the spilling of BLOOD!

IS THERE anything we can take pride of being a human being? ARE WE A PROUD RACE? What's so good of having a pride, if pride comes before a fall?

That's my theory, though.

:cool:

Hmm. If the Nephilem are ants, then what are we? Termites? Bacteria? Ants can kill by swarm tactics. That is how they can take on far superior opponents, like roaches.

So where do we, the "inferiors", as it may be, fit in?

i have seen ants swarm and kill scorpions and those south american pigs. well on national geographic atleast.

i think we would be up there with scorpions or other bugs that like to kill ants.

just remember, it's all in "self-defense" :)

(besides, the bugs aren't that tough, they may swarm us, but me and my wingmen (usually a total of three fighters) can easily take out OVER twenty bugs.)

Originally posted by Mav23
just remember, it's all in "self-defense" :)

(besides, the bugs aren't that tough, they may swarm us, but me and my wingmen (usually a total of three fighters) can easily take out OVER twenty bugs.)

You have to remember that if you had failed in destroying the Kilrathi wormhole, then I reckon you and your wingmen (if you had survived) would have been faced with about 100 bugs EACH!! and that is before their carriers even appeared!

Now I consider myself (as do most here) to be a good WC pilot, but even I couldn't handle 100+ bugs without either getting blown up or running out of fuel and then getting blown up!

And don't forget that the Prophecy force was just a reckon group, the next wave would have washed over the Confed Fleet (as seen in several cutscenes) like it was made out of wet mush.

Now I can't remember off hand how many cap ships the bugs used in Prophecy but I would guess upwards of 12-15 (not counting transports)...I don't think Confed fields battle fleets of that size!
Imagine the size of a Nephilim Battle Fleet...and another thing, if they include Dreadnoughts in a Recon Group, imagine what ships they would have in a main fleet!!! :eek:

Their fighters (and too a certain extent their cap ships as well) were inferior to anything Confed could field, however they are insects, they didn't need superior tech, just superior numbers to win.

They DID include Tiamat-class dreadnoughts in the recon group...at least two. (Count 'em: One in Prophecy, one in SO...and the leading group of the main fleet was being lead by a Tiamat) The group in SO was the force that was positioned in the sector after the Kilrah gate was closed.

Casey wouldn't earn a KILRATHI HERO NAME (an award that's only been earned by a select few Confed pilots, like Jason Bondarevsky and Christopher Blair) by defeating the Nephilim. Though, the Kilrathi might name him...

Originally posted by Mav23
Maybe, when Casey kills off all the bugs he'll get a weird nick-name like Blair and "Heart of the Tiger".
"But her hive-mate is the Thorax of the Bee!" :)

that's just sick, and wrong... :)

I still think that if all of Confed and it's allies joined together to defeat a common enemy, we could push back the bugs... and then we could go back to fighting EACH OTHER :)

Perhaps the Actual origins of the name nephilim has a bearing on their origins in the game... or maybe not.

The word nephilim in it's origin means fellers, or in other words, those who cause others to fall. They were basicaly a group of superhuman thugs that bullied the pre-flood biblical world. They were the hybrid offspring of Angels and human women. A group of angels or "gods" rebel angainst the only true "God" (with a capital G) and They start staring at the human women (can you blame them? a world full of near perfect women?). Anyway they materialize into human form and take wives, hence have sex with, of the human women. The result is the Half-breeds they call Nephilim. The nephilim wreak havock, murder, rape etc. When God sends the flood to destroy mankind (with the exception of noah and his family, the nephilim are destroyed as well. The materialized angels return to their spirit form only to be banished by "GOD" to tartarus, a state of nonexistence.

Maybe the prophecy Nephilim are some form of Half breed hybrid of a "stargod" and a leser race that went on a vengeful conquest! Maybe we'll still see that other much talked about other race that defeated the, I forget but I think it's in privateer. Maybe the nephilims parents show up to give them a deserved spanking?

-AD.

[Edited by AD on 05-26-2001 at 22:56]

I always imagined the Nephilim as being much like the Borg from Star Trek. They don't act individually, but for the hive. Kinda like bees or ants (or any other insect for that matter), they do what they were bred to do. Some we bred to be breeders, some workers, some pilots. They probably have some type of Queen or something somewhere too. Also, I think they are allied with other aliens, hence the "Aligned Peoples" thing they talked about.

the alligned peoples could also be slaves. theres a type of ant that keeps other bugs alive and uses them sorta like milk cows. they feed them some sorta leaves and harvest the sweet (who tasted it?) excrement (who the HELL tasted it?)

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Kinda like bees or ants (or any other insect for that matter), they do what they were bred to do. Some we bred to be breeders, some workers, some pilots. They probably have some type of Queen or something somewhere too.

"The mother creature will avenge me!"?

Back