A discussion on the true nature of the Nephilim

I don't think the Vesuvius will be seeing much action against the Nephilim -- what with it having been destroyed eight years before they showed up... but we did see a Neph task force make short work of the Mt. St. Helens...

The thing about getting all your ships together against such a force is that it's just not feasable -- you can have 25,000 destroyers, but if you have to protect 25,000 star systems, you won't be massing a huge fleet any time soon... last we heard, the Nephilim had a number of worhmoles open, and might have filled our space with their warships -- we can't just get everything together and go hunting while they destroy our colonies.

The Border Worlds is, as indicated by the SO fiction, defended by Confed -- the Border Worlds Militia is only that...

The Tiamat was clearly the alien flagship twice around... so, there's no reason to assume they ahve anything larger -- and there's not really much deadlier than a Tiamat in our arsenal. (Add the FMV ships to your count, SUpdon...).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Border Worlds is, as indicated by the SO fiction, defended by Confed -- the Border Worlds Militia is only that...
But... the SO fiction says nothing to that effect... it talks about Confed assisting the Border Worlds in rebuilding, and that the Nephilem were handled by the Midway (unsurprising - the Border Worlds, having been established after the Treaty of Torgo, would most likely have no treaty with the Kilrathi that would permit them to maintain bases and/or intervene with warships inside Kilrathi territory). And we know from WC4 that the term 'Militia' is just a leftover from the times when each BW planet had its own civilian Militia. Certainly, the number of BWM warships in WC4 was much too high for your average 'Militia' :). Further, we know that the Confed Navy (rather than In-Sys) has some sort of exchange system set up with the BW Militia - which again indicates that the BW Militia is a defence organisation rather than just a law-enforcement group.

*just kickin' back in my brand new spiffy MANAGERS CHAIR, aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......*

oh yeah, according to the Terran/Kilrathi treaty, aren't the Kilrathi have suppossed to of destroyed all of their war-ships? That's what Melek said in WC IV anyway... but in the beginning of WCP, what do we find? A Kilrathi Fralth II class WAR-SHIP! I'm confused... :(

Not every clan agreed to the treaty and there are various warlords and pirate organizations spread out through Kilrathi space, many with the ships they had at the end of the war.

You mean like in Star Wars? When the emperor dies, and all the factions fight among themselves for control? :D

Except in WC, that information is canon, where for Star Wars it's a load of crap a bunch of dudes made up so they could sell books.

I thought authors had to have George Lucas look over all of the Star Wars books to aprove them as canon, am I wrong here?

so NONE of the Star Wars books I've read excepting the ones written by George himself are ABOSLUTELY NOTHING?

Doesnt mean you cant enjoy the novels. Until they ARE changed by Lucas in a movie, you can consider them as what happened.

Back