A bit of amusement...

Antix

Rear Admiral
I thought I might drop by and tell you all that a short while ago I was sliced in two while defending the Cerberus, BY ITS OWN MAIN GUN! Sheesh... one moment I'm tailing a Moray, minding my own business, a hull that Zero would describe as clean enough to eat your lunch off of, and the next I'm toast, thanx to the Cerberus' big blue boom boom maker. I laughed of all things, after finally getting to Talos and saving ALL THREE of those damned transports. Talk about thanks eh? But thanks is why Blair got to fly a desk, lol.

Ahh, many of us have been shot down by the plasma gun before - I'm glad you could laugh, 'cause I'm ususally frustrated by it (especially after a long mission like you mentioned, and even more so after being shot down on the attempt before). And I think you're referring to a hull that can be eaten from. ;)

heh heh... speaking of amusement, the moments in WC when I always laugh are when I'm chasing down an enemy, and he plows into something. I've had enemies crash into each other, asteroids, but my favorite happened last night.

For a change of pace, I flew the mine sweeping mission with the Vamp in WCP. When I first appeared, I sat and watched as the approaching ships plowed through their own mine layers and by the end of it, my mission was accomplished with nary a shot fired. It was most hilarious when I was chasing a manta once and it crashed into about 5 mines at once.

Really? I've seen baddies crash into each other (WC1/2/3/Priv) and into asteroids (WC1/2/Priv/P) but I've never seen enemies smart/dumb enough to fly into mines. Worst of all, I like shooting down the Ray's mines (amazingly you can fly through Confed ones) but once I was too slow and crashed into it. :eek:

I know we like not to stupidify our threads but I have the feeling this was the sole intent of this thread, to showcase in-game stupidity of all manners.

Oh, Antix, this is not stupidifying (what a word) at all - this is discussion of WC experiences, which is only natural, given that this is a WC board.

Stupidifying (I think LOAF has invented a new word) a thread involves, but is not limited to, the continuous throwing of insults (there was a one thread dedicated to this stupidity which was allowed), posting silly pictures, and saying things like <stupidity_mode>ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

Don't say a word on the last point or I'LL WRIP YUOR A$$ OFF COLLEGE BOY!!!</stupidity_mode> ;)

One time playing WC4, I was waiting for the mission to load, so I got up to grab some drink, and as I was walking back to the computer, I saw the mission start. My ship was in the hangar of the Lexington, and (thanks to my throttle and bad <nonexistent?> joystick calibration) my ship immediately took off and veered to the right, straight into the side of the hangar. My ship became stuck in the hull and when i rushed to the computer and got myself going out the hangar, as soon as I exited, the Lexington blew up and my wingman called me a traitor.

hehe.
The first time I played WCP, during the last mission, when you have to intercept - wipe out - three main battle ships, I started destroying everything in sight with my missiles, torpedoes, and guns, because I did not know how to use the bomb... I destroyed the ships, the fighters and the bombers, my plane was pretty damaged, and the mission did not end... I was alone in the space vacuum, and I couldn't land...
I had flown for more than an hour...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I have invented seven new words, each more goodulant than the last.
...And I, 2 or 3 new ones.
(BTW, ain't it "more gooder than" or even "more better than"...?)

Originally posted by...(I forget...)
Better, stronger than the bushisms... the LOAFisms ! lol
you forgot "faster"... ("better, stronger, faster"...)

Did I mention? The Blue Angels were flying 18 inches away from each other this weekend. No room for stupid mistakes there...

(LOL! Don't shoot me LOAF, I'm not trying to revive the closed thread.)

The dumbest thing that I've probably ever done in all of Wing Commander was on the losing thread of WC3 [This is the first time that I ever reached the conclusion of WC3 BTW]. Thrak says do you want to live or die? I picked live. He picked firing squad. I still regret that to this day.

Then it happened again the first time I reached the end of WC4. After painstakingly fighting my way past all those missile firing buggers I finally reach the Confederation Grand Assembly. I get a choice: rush in or fool around. I pick fool around and end up getting dragged off in front of the firing squad again. One would think that my digust at Tolwyn turning traitor after all his accusations of me [Blair] being a traitor, would've caused me to rush in and wring his neck but nooo :eek:

Anyway in game the dumbest thing I've ever done was during WC4 when you have to defend those UBW transports from the Confed destroyer and frigate. I kept missing the bloody capmissiles so I got pissed and rammed the sucker. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by NoRemorse
The first time I played WCP, during the last mission, when you have to intercept - wipe out - three main battle ships, I started destroying everything in sight with my missiles, torpedoes, and guns, because I did not know how to use the bomb... I destroyed the ships, the fighters and the bombers, my plane was pretty damaged, and the mission did not end... I was alone in the space vacuum, and I couldn't land... I had flown for more than an hour...
Are you referring to "Paint the Target"? Providing my wingmen aren't stupid enough to get shot down by turrets, I like to kill all the ships except the Triton the normal way (amazingly, no more jump through, and what the heck is a transport doing in the centre of a fleet formation) and then I fire the Targeting Disk. You get plenty more kills that way. The only problem I find is killing the Mantas who go after you at the start, after that, the mission is quite easy.

Wedge009: The biggest problem I have with this mission is the fact that the CAG feels we have to use the fleet plasma on this rather pathetic fleet. I mean jeez its not like its the Kilrathi armada from the losing thread of WC3.

Here's a thought. What if they saved the fleet plasma cannon and waited for the bug fleet that Dekker mentions to jump through and then fire the fleet plasma cannon at them. Now that would have to the biggest surprise in the history of war :D

good plan!!! I agree with you
<Bugs> You are defeated man-creatures!
<Wilford> Fire!
Bugs :eek:
*SPLAT*
All of Confed ----->:D

That would make more sense than just closing off the wormhole as it would inflict more damage and make the Neph less able to carry on fleet actions in our backyard!!! ya-boo sux to you buggys
(but then again, no Secret-Ops if we did that!)

Back