What means TCS?

biggrin.gif

Now that you've been Wagged, I'll clear up this mess.

Paladin arrived on the TCS Victory on the shuttle Armstrong, off of the TCS Eagle. The reason Paladin was on the Eagle was because he had accompanied Spyder's Excalibur squadron on a failed attempt to jump the Eagle into Kilrathi space and deliver the t-bomb while the Kilrathi were busy with the Behemoth. This attempt failed.

The reason we are assosciating Paladin with the WC3 frigate is because we only see the WC3 frigate around the Victory in the mission after Paladin arrives. The WC3 Frigate is just a WC3 Destroyer model given the name 'Frigate' on the VDU. There is no evidence that it is related to Paladin, though.

Also, IIRC, a shuttle is a boat and not a ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head said:
Uh what in the hell do you know about why I post or why I chose to refrane-something some people just can't do?? Earthworm, do you have anything that can convince anyone of, uh something.
smile.gif

Yeah, the fact that we can't know if that frigate you saw in WC3 is a ship on which Paladin came. And that the ship on which Paladin came on is never actualy shown. How hard is that to understand?

And if you real want to know what ************* stands for, it doesen't stand for anything. Why did you post it other than to get attention? Notice I used than and not then. Than is used in comparison contrast. Then is used as a filler word or used in sequencial events. I grow weary of seeing than used so liberally.

He he, attention? LOL! I just made that to make my post look prety.
smile.gif

Who says something about Paladin needing a ship? He arrived on a ship, which is the point of our little argument. Of course he could have taken a fighter to the Victory if he wanted to.
A shuttle is a ship, as good as any but as you insist he came on the Eagle, which is a capship, I tried to reaffirm your point by stating the existance of a new ship, the frigate, but that somehow seems to have taken a shot at your ego and for my assistance I got a kick in the ass.
Erm, yes, a shuttle is a ship, but of course Quarto was talkin about a full sized capship, not just a small shuttle. Also, what new ship? The fact is, there is no way to prove that the frigate that you saw has anything to do with Paladin.

As I am somewhat attemping to decipher your logic, this is a new conversation.

Wow, that was realy funny!
wink.gif
Meanwhile I'll try to decipher your logic of ignoring the fact that there is no evidence, and still arguing just because you saw one ship that isn't a part of the Victory battle group.

Why are you arguing I know there is no damned proof!

I am not arguing I am discussion, the frigate has to have a purpose I like to label that purpose to it. I never said it has to be or you need to think that to, it's called discussion.

It's just as likely that they realized they never actually stuck a frigate in the game and just randomly inserted a destroyer named frigate there.

Chris: I like that idea
smile.gif
. It's the most sensible explanation so far
smile.gif

Earthworm: RIF is explained in the WC3/KSaga manual. I'm shocked that you didn't know this
smile.gif

LOAF: Could you tell me more about the TCS Eagle operation? I haven't read the books, so I've got no idea how that one went.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

Please note that RIF has *two* distinct meanings in the Wing Commander Universe... Recon in Force *and* Reduction in Forces.

The TCS Eagle was involved in black ops towards the tail end of the war. Major Karl "Spyder" Bowen was in charge of her fighters. High Command approved the Behemoth attack over the Temblor strike... so Paladin, knowing that Behemoth was doomed to fail, convinced Captain Chalfonte to bring the Eagle to Kilrah to launch the t-bomb strike. (Paladin and Spyder were good friends). They ran into elements of the First Fleet of the Claw on the way, and the Eagle sustained heavy damage, forced to turn back. Following the Behemoth debcale, High Command gave Paladin permission to launch a temblor striek. THe Eagle's Excalibur squadron, the first operational, was exchanged with the Thunderbolts of the TCS Victory's Gold Squadron.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Quarto said:
Earthworm: RIF is explained in the WC3/KSaga manual. I'm shocked that you didn't know this
smile.gif
Earthworm doesn’t have the whole guide memorized Quarto.

Well, looks like Spyder has quite a history, doesn't it?

Earthworm: All the more reason not to yell at others whenever they say something you don't remember.

Quarto said:
Well, looks like Spyder has quite a history, doesn't it?

Earthworm: All the more reason not to yell at others whenever they say something you don't remember.

Where did I yell at someone?

Also, Spyders bio can be found in the Prophecy guide.

<grin> You've been "yelling" yourself hoarse these last two days. I'm surprised yoy haven't noticed
smile.gif
. Remember, the more you think you're right, the more diplomatic you should be about it
smile.gif

Quarto said:
<grin> You've been "yelling" yourself hoarse these last two days. I'm surprised you haven't noticed
smile.gif
. Remember, the more you think you're right, the more diplomatic you should be about it
smile.gif

No I haven’t! You’re lying Quarto, and I’ll get you for this! You shall feel my wrath!
smile.gif

Baah! YoO kAnt gett mee! Yu sUk!
smile.gif

[Note to others: Earthworm's post wasn't serious, and obviously mine ain't either.]

u DUmuSS! I kic yo @$s hela fur! I go to autralia and GWET Yu!

[Note to others that still didn't figure it out: my post also wasn't serious
smile.gif
.] OK Quarto, let's stup with thos troll thingumys.
smile.gif

That's a roger, 'Worm. After all, we wouldna want to waste too much space trolling
smile.gif

I thought trolls don't get around much what with gaurding bridges and such.
smile.gif

------------------
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.
A turret is essential; it gives you something else to shoot with.

Mojo, that wasn't necisary, maybe he/she just doesen’t know English that well.

Besides, it was already said five or more times that it does mean Teran Confederation Ship.

Back