Well sorry everyone....

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
I dunno if there are any good mac emulators. I bet people throw out macs every day anyway so it should be easy to find one. And if they don't throw out macs every day, I want to know why not.

There is a good mac emulator for PCs. It's called Basilisk. Check it out.

Originally posted by TC
It's going to be interesting seeing if he can pull off SWC on the system... he'll have to get a TV-out card for a mac or somesuch... or he could emulate, but that's less fun and more your job.

I plan to pull of both SWCs... PowerMacs capable of running SWC/WC3/WC4 are cheaper than rancid meat...

There's a converter you can attach to a Mac that'll let it use a PC monitor... so I'll just have a single monitor with a switch that'll let you choose between PC and Mac.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

I plan to pull of both SWCs... PowerMacs capable of running SWC/WC3/WC4 are cheaper than rancid meat...

There's a converter you can attach to a Mac that'll let it use a PC monitor... so I'll just have a single monitor with a switch that'll let you choose between PC and Mac.

That's cheating :(

I found a hunk of rancid meat on ebay for just $260! Yay!

reminds me that people paid $1200 on ebay for PS2's... when a little patience would have saved them about $900.

Here is a rather expensive idea, but, it would be really cool.

Get your Mac and your PC. Then buy the 22inch apple cinema display. Then buy the new DVIator adaptor, so that you can hook up the apple monitor to your PC. But, you must have an LCD compatible video card, and an open USB port. Then hook your switch up, and you can be playin WC on a 22Inch widescreen disply!!

TV would [be cheaper] wouldn't it? At least for the first two WCs - what's the resolution on TVs, 512x384?

Originally posted by Wedge009
TV would [be cheaper] wouldn't it? At least for the first two WCs - what's the resolution on TVs, 512x384?

It depends on the aspect ratio, whether it's PAL or NTSC. LOAF's american(after seeing his adress), so he'd definitely have an NTSC, which has a 4:3 aspect ratio, meaning he can pull of such resolutions as 640*480 or even 800*600... if he uses a digital or S-Video Signal.

HDTV!! 16:9 I think. Pretty damned good looking too! HDTV is supposed to be the set standard for America in i think three years, it might be down to two already.

The games aren't designed to work at such resolutions/refresh rates/aspect ratios, though... I don't think a huge widescreen TV would make a good monitor for my WC cabinet.

... but what would?

I once heard of using a projector and a blank wall for a monitor. Apparently playing games on a seven-foot wall is very impressive.

I remember reading in just about every video game manual that such projector screens are dangerous to the games' 'health'. Anyone know why?

I remember reading in just about every video game manual that such projector screens are dangerous to the games' 'health'. Anyone know why?

Actually, the games are bad for the 'health' of older projection televisions, because stationary images (backgrounds, etc) can be permanently burnt into the screen.

Originally posted by Fenris
I once heard of using a projector and a blank wall for a monitor. Apparently playing games on a seven-foot wall is very impressive.

I can say first hand that it is.

LOAF: buy the Epson power lite 50c. Then play WC Super Sized.

Back