WC Secret Ops can still be downloaded

Carnaklor

Spaceman
I just downloaded Wing Commander secret Ops from a Ftp site and this game rocks! For thos who say it's no longer possible to download it I say, you're wrong. Also, I saw a copy of WC4 for 10 $ Maybe I'll buy it. 6 CDs... mmm... Interesting. even if the game is not accelarated graphically.

You're the one who's wrong...

SO is still hosted by some sites, but downloading it, other than the first episode which serves as a demo for Prophecy Gold, is illegal. So don't even dare to post a link to that site.

I think he should be reported to the cops, or at least origin. So that we can teach these guys who disrespect the law a lesson

WCP

You can buy in my computer store Wing Commader Prophecy for just 10 $ cannadian! Imagine in US! Do you think the company cares about that any more? This game is pratically free on the market. I don't think it is so illegal while the company surely doesn't care about it. Of course, I agree. Theorically, it's still a copyrighted game but in the reality it is not very illegal.

There aren't really degrees of illegitimacy... Either something is legal, or it isn't. In this case it isn't.

TC

illegality doesn't come in shades of gray. No matter what it is totally illegal, what you should be saying is "I don't think it is too morally wrong"

God dammit. That's what I just said! (err... the Napoleon thing)

If you use your logic, considering all realities of today, it's not illegal.

What logic? I didn't see anyone using logic.

TC

[Edited by TC on 02-19-2001 at 21:33]

It is still ilegal to download a game because of copyright laws, until EA says that its freewere it ilegal. its ilegal but they are showing no consern to sites that have the game and the episodes avaible to download but that does not make it less ilegal.

TC sorry, I wrote it before yours was up on the thread, and did not review the thread since I did not think that you had added anything that quickly

Re: Legality

Originally posted by Carnaklor
If you use your logic, considering all realities of today, it's not illegal.

What logic would that be? People steal crap, so it's legal for other to do so?

$$$

For the gaming market, WCP or WCP Gold are crap because it's 3 years old and technologicaly too old. If we can get crap in a trash, why not downloading crap on Internet (without meaning that WCP is a peace of shit).

Dude, you are missing the point. it is just as illegal to download wcp as it is wc1 a 10 year old game, as it is to copy a book that was published and copyrighted in 1960

Originally posted by Carnaklor
For the gaming market, WCP or WCP Gold are crap because it's 3 years old and technologicaly too old. If we can get crap in a trash, why not downloading crap on Internet
Because it's illegal, that's why. It doesn't matter if the game is new and selling, or if it's 10 years old and no one gives a damn about it. It won't make downloading SO, or any other WC games for that matter, legal.

Here's the facts now. I conceed it's illegal because of laws that say it's illegal. People probably download SO everyday but illegally. But are they bad people for that? I mean for downloading a game that is no longer, or pratically no longer sold on the market? Do I have seriously to go to Hell for this crime and burn into a bunch of flamme? I'm sure some of you will say yes. hehe.

[Edited by Carnaklor on 02-19-2001 at 21:54]

As i said, it might be illegal, but not morally wrong. and if a person will go to hell for downloading an illegal game, then i beleive that we all are heading straight down, since we have all done/will do something that is wrong at somepoint in our lives. But it is still illegal, except in South Korea where they do not officially respect american copyrights/patents

Look, I don't really care if people go and pirate Wing Commander games that are no longer reasonably available, as long as they do it quietly. I just don't like people claiming that it's legal. I also don't like people coming and blatantly braggining about the fact that they pirated a game. It's not like it's that hard.

TC

In many place they are abandonware
this is true or not , ithink that downloading WC P So it is ilegal, but in Argentina there isn´t other way, WC P Gold doesn´t exist here

Ghost.
11) Linking to, offering, requesting, or hinting at the existence or whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez or other illegal content, can result in immediate banning.

That is the rule.
Pease edit.

Back