This really pisses me off...and the hardest aspect is the helplessness...

Well I know how a bummer it is not to find games.I am a late gamer and just loved Wing Commander Prophesy when I bought it as a gamble for $19.99.I then found out almost every Wing Commander game was discontinued.
Well after going to almost every computer store in Pennsylvania.
I found one other game Privateer 2 deluxe edition.
Then someone on a message board sold me Wing Commander IV.
I place a order with Chips & Bits for Wing Commander Prophesy Gold Edition.But it was still on back order.I hope they don't tell me at the last minute that they are no longer available.I WILL FREAK OUT!!!!
The one I wanted the most was Wing Commander Kilrathi Sega.
I myself was so fed up of searching I just said hell with it and Snipered at the last 17 seconds on Ebay. $305.00 was the winning bid for Kilrathi Sega and Price for freedom in mint condition.
I will not be buying games for another month.I hope my girl friend does not find out because she just would not understand.
I could hear her screaming now.

[This message has been edited by Eddie2u (edited July 11, 2000).]

I'm afraid you probably won't be getting any WCPG's from Chips and Bits. It was a fairly limited printing, and all stores ran out ages ago. eBay's the best place to look now.

And it's your money, if your girlfriend yells at you for spending your own money, tell her to shut up
smile.gif
It's not like you're married or spending her money or anything.

Last edited:
Heya Eddie! Welcome to our humble abode and all.. Saw your bid at $305 for KS on eBay. I'm glad that went to a real WC fan and not some collector.

I was in the same position as you a year ago, when I first started play Wing Commander. As soon as I heard Prophecy Gold was discontinuing production, I bought a copy for $40 from gamedealer.com. You might try there, they could still have some copies. WC3 and WC4 came from eBay, and I was lucky enough to get the original, non-EA Classic WC3. I picked up a copy of Armada and two copies of Priv Gold in the 'used' section at my local game store. Academy came on a Soundblaster CD I picked up for free at school.

Lately I've been collecting a few more WC games, you might have seen me on eBay, I've picked up 3 copies of WC2, another of Academy, and a WC1 Floppy. My parents have said "no more" but I've got other plans..

Prophecy Gold - try www.gamedealer.com, they might still have copies left.. Darn, they don't..

I'm gonna have to agree with Kris here. If your girlfriend yells at you for spending your own money it's probably because she's worried you won't spend it on her as much. So if she does yell, just tell her to get a job and worry about her own finances or you'll stick your boot in her little mouth.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Wow.... whenever I can't take a lid off a jar of pickles, I'll ask you for some help.

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that is not the case with Chips & Bits.
I called them up and asked them how long it was on back order.They told me they should have some in within a few weeks.They also said it was going to go up $2.00 unless they received my payment before they arrived.

I hope they get them in as they told me.
Because I passed up a few copies for auction for $30.00 new.

I guess I'll have to give them a call in a few days.

If all fails you will see me at the last few seconds on Ebay.

You lucky sonofabitch...sigh...good for you Eddie. At least you can rest comfortably that you have WC:KS...but wow, 305 bucks is a lot.

About WC:pG, try EB stores around you because I found Gold in the orginal four CD case for like 10 bucks, and although I didn't get any manuals or a box for that matter, the CDs are in excellent condition.

Go check it out.
------------------
Stop the foolishness...
stop the insanity...
Re-release the Kilrathi Saga NOW!!!

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited July 11, 2000).]

Yeah right.
I checked 3 EB locations in my area, none of which have any Wing Commander game for sale (well, one had WCIII
tongue.gif
)

if you look in the newest PCgamer at the chips and bits ad theres Privateer 3 listed for 40
biggrin.gif
LOL

Kain said:
if you look in the newest PCgamer at the chips and bits ad theres Privateer 3 listed for 40
biggrin.gif
LOL

Yeah, and talk about un-updated ads, go to EA's Online store - www.eastore.ea.com, I think, and choose brand "Origin", and find the entry for WCP. It talks about "multi-player options". Is that a sick joke to kick us WC fans in the mouth or what?

[This message has been edited by Jumper (edited July 11, 2000).]

Priv 3??? Priv 3???

What Priv 3?

So many people have been saying Origin so many times, they mind as well have a Pokemon named after them!

"Origin! Origin!"

Yes $305.00 is alot but I figure this much I will always have the game.I don't have to worry about being snipered again at the last few minutes, and wonder in work if I was out bidded.
I must of tried 6 times at a lower price.
But at the last second I was out bidded.
There is no more 7 day waits to see if I was going to be stomped by some Ebay newby who really wants it like me.
The auction before mine ended at $360.00.
I feel sorry for the guy because it is not mint as described.The seller finally wrote back and said there was scratches on the cd's,and the box had writeing on it.
I retracted out of that one.
There is just to many people bidding on it.
And I think the price will get higher and higher as time goes by.Maybe the price will get way out of my reach if I wait too long.
I could rest now and make the easy bids on the under $50.00 games.
I am just glad I finally got it.

About WC:pG I checked all 3 Electronic Boutiqe stores in my area.All of them no longer have WC:pG.
I go to all 3 stores at least once a week hopeing for the miracle of spotting one in the bargain bin.

I have two questions?
Does Wing Commander Privateer run well in windows, or Dos?
Is there a version of Privateer that I should look for?
I see there are differant versions of Wing Commander games out there like Gold, and Deluxe edition.
I want to get Privateer but I just don't know what version to look for! If a differant one exists.

Eddie2u said:

Does Wing Commander Privateer run well in windows, or Dos?
Is there a version of Privateer that I should look for?
I see there are differant versions of Wing Commander games out there like Gold, and Deluxe edition.
I want to get Privateer but I just don't know what version to look for! If a differant one exists.

yes it will work once go through some easy
tinking
smile.gif
tech support board will always
help, the best one to get is the gold version.

Privateer has to be run from DOS... make sure you get the Gold Classic version. It includes the speech pack and the Righteous Fire add-on.

Back