This really pisses me off...and the hardest aspect is the helplessness...

Jumper said:

For the record, Prophecy Gold stopped production last year

Well, I didn't know that. And it has been a little while since I've steped into a computer game store. But games here are over priced and they sit on shelves forever ...

Quarto: I figure EA would still have to do things like replace copies of non-working games. Shit like that. Though I suppose it's the same as when they actually stop producing the game ...

You know, if EA was to let go of the license to Microsoft...perhaps Chris Roberts would be willing to include a type of KS with the upcoming Freelancer. Maybe we should be pushing for something more along those lines...because EA ain't moving its ass for anybody or anything.

------------------
Stop the foolishness...
stop the insanity...
Re-release the Kilrathi Saga NOW!!!

ADDITION - Since I know that Kris will immediately jump on my back for ANY miswording, I'll rephrase what I meant to say. If EA was to SELL the license to Microsoft so that they were able to make more in the series (if they wished), perhaps a collection would be released.

Oh, and its just a thought, Kris. No need to chew it up and spit it in my face =)

I'm going to repeat this for the 1.32*10^234242th time, but this time in big bold letters so you'll all get it.

YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY KS. IT IS NOT A *RIGHT*, EA DOES NOT NEED TO GIVE IT TO YOU. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT GO BUY THE ORIGINAL GAMES FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST!

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

KilrathiSaga said:
ADDITION - Since I know that Kris will immediately jump on my back for ANY miswording, I'll rephrase what I meant to say. If EA was to SELL the license to Microsoft so that they were able to make more in the series (if they wished), perhaps a collection would be released.

Oh, and its just a thought, Kris. No need to chew it up and spit it in my face =)
I'm sorry if I'm the voice of reason on this board. But let's not kid ourselves. EA is never ever going to sell the license, Chris Roberts doens't want the thing because he has his own universe now. The last time I got something for free was Duke 1 through 3 (Shareware!) with Duke 3D. Oh, and you can play a raped Java version of the original Simcity online now.

Whatever crazy cool idea you have in your head, it's not going to happen. Get a PC Gamer, get WC2 Deluxe and get the to work. It's not hard and it's not costly.

With the kind of customer service you get, I am not surprised why software piracy is up.
confused.gif
mad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Kris on the issue of the WC license. The guys at EA aren't *that* stupid as to sell the WC name.

After the WC Movie, would you really WANT Roberts to have the WC name?

JoeyRP said:
With the kind of customer service you get, I am not surprised why software piracy is up.
confused.gif
mad.gif

Um...what does this mean?? Lack of customer support causes people to pirate games, and therefor have *no* customer service? I've found customer service to be very helpful in the past. Not that I normally have problems with games... Usually I'm the one providing support
smile.gif
I get $20 doing PC Repair. No, that doesn't mean I can affoard $200 for KS..yet
wink.gif

KrisV said:
After all the Wing Commander games up to WCIV, would you want him to have the licence?

Yes, but not after the Movie. To me that seamed to be an intentional attempt to kill WC. As a space/sci-fi movie it was okay, but as a Wing Commander movie it stunk.

Is it paranoia? Is it really?

Maybe, to increase the success of the 'Lancer series he wanted to destroy the series he had woked incredibly hard on for much of his carreer.

To answer my first question, yes.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Well, this is woth what you paid for it, but....

Why not just get a collection up and see if the fans, under some dummy corporation buy the rights etc off of EA. It is a company and only listens to one thing, money. Jusy my spin on things

------------------
Pretend to be a pig in order to eat the tiger.

Lord Hhallas said:
Well, this is woth what you paid for it, but....

Why not just get a collection up and see if the fans, under some dummy corporation buy the rights etc off of EA. It is a company and only listens to one thing, money. Jusy my spin on things

Could work!
Quarto & Dralthi5: Willing to lend your novels to extend WC? Been reading both, quietly.
biggrin.gif

No, it most definitely couldn't work.

Also, I'm not altogether sure what you mean by "lend your novels to extend WC".

Yeah, me neither.

Hey, Joey, you following up on the adventures of Justin and the crew of the Antietam? Cool, thanks. I need to start working on that again.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Oops, looks like Privateer Deluxe isn't on the online catalog of Chips and Bits anymore.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Dralthi5 said:
Yeah, me neither.

Hey, Joey, you following up on the adventures of Justin and the crew of the Antietam? Cool, thanks. I need to start working on that again.

As i've posted before, I've been reading.
wink.gif

Keep 'em coming!! I'll be copying! (for my personal reading ,of corse!
biggrin.gif
)

Back