The long lost secret of Corvettes...

OK so I was too busy dodging to take full notice of what they were wasting me with. So sue me
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually one nav point, the second, one has only ONE Vindicator.
smile.gif
It does? I forgot
smile.gif

Oh yeah is it possible to destroy the corvette before it fires the Skipper? My torp keeps missing.
Methinks you just answered your own question, Penguin
wink2.gif

You could also try bringing the fight more towards the higher terrain. Nice thing about ground missions is that the fighters and misiles that come after you fly into the ground a lot as long as you can stay low. Just make sure you don't fly into it
smile.gif
Indeed
smile.gif
. Although, I actually tend to ignore the ground altogether. I'm usually on someone's tail ASAP. He may be an enemy, but I assume I can trust him to pull up in time
wink2.gif

Heh... I finished the mission, thanks to taking out those turrets! Here's what I did:

- Took out the Banshees normally. They're annoying when they get behind you though...

- Took out the turret, used one missile per Vindicator. (2)

- Took out the turret, used the missile to crunch the Vindicator.

- Took out the turret, nuked the two Vindicators.

Of course, take for granted that I snapped all the pictures I needed at each base point, and the missiles I used were IR. It should be noted that if you miss taking pictures at any nav on the planet, you'll have to face a Banshee ace and another Banshee upon exiting the planet.

How fun. Aw well... I'm done that mission. One missile per ship... how cool!

------------------

§

Hmmmmm. Everytime I try to get the turrets with guns they stuff a missile in my face. So I use missiles on the turrets and consequentially haven't enough missiles for all the Vindicators.
Interestingly enough if you play WC to see how many kills you can get you'd actually want to fail this mission
wink2.gif

*L* Well, the Hellcat gets destroyed way too easily anyway (ONE missile to take you out? Come on!), so I try to complete the mission as best as I can.

Is it just more, or does Maniac get shot down way too fast and easy in the subsequent missions?

------------------

§

For me, he usually survives untill there are three or less Banshees in space after you complete the mission. That's because I'm speciall.
smile.gif

They ALWAYS get killed after you finish an important mission perfectly. Murphy's Law.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Well, Maniac doesn't really get killed, but yeah that basicly the truth.
smile.gif

Well, the thing I noticed, is that if you let your wingman loose when there is more than one fighter around, your wingman will get fried in less than thirty seconds.

Perhaps I would benefit by reducing the difficulty?

Heh... as a note, I fly at about rookie level with a keyboard, but an ace level with a joystick. aw well... WCIV just pisses me off. But at least the enemy dies as easily as you do.

------------------

§

One annoying thing about WC4.

I always try to use Leeches in WC4 (don't like to kill humans) and noticed one dumb thing. If You try use Leech missiles (or guns) in some missions You'll disable these ships, yes, but You'll fail the objectives. Like in mission when You cover marines in approach to the Science Lab, or if You leave leeched those Confed destroyers and frigate later(while serving UBWSF). Dumb AI counts leeched ships as 'alive' and You will fail the mission. So, I've forced to destroy those helpless poor ships. And I don't like it.

------------------
Mikhail "Black Joker" Babloyan

Wing Commander in Russia

[This message has been edited by Black Joker (edited October 03, 2000).]

It's war Black Joker. Nobody said it'd be easy.

Saturnye: Yeah one missile will kill me in a Hellcat. Heck in WC4 a single missile hit will either kill you or leave you hurting big time. I'd rather fly the 'bow on that mission. Heck I'd rather fly the 'bow then the Hellcat any day.

Question... was I supposed to shoot down Vagabond? The mission after that is so hard... wing after wing of fighters, and I always get blitzed at the first nav point.

What are some tips for survival? I mean, the challenge is good and stuff, but it's a little outrageous... especially since they can bring you down with so much less than you can bring them down, at least in terms of guns. And you can't rely on missiles, because you only have so many...

------------------

§

He he, so you decided to stay with the Confeds. Well, you can't do that, either you defect at the first time, or the second, but if you don't take the second offer there's no way to win.

Well, I've only been given one choice so far... poor Vagabond... anyway, the mission after that is impossible... I'm thinking of using the chicken code... at least, at the first nav.

------------------

§

Even if you use cheats there is absolutely no way to finish the game. You have to defect to the BW, and it's better to do during your first chance.

Thing about WC4 is that it forces you to betray the Confederation and defect to the UBW. Yet everytime you fire on your fellows, even if it were accidental, the game cuts to the "Traitors never win" scene. Talk about irony.

Dammit... so I have to start all over again?!?!?!?!
mad.gif

------------------

§

Not if you saved your missions you don't.
smile.gif
Just load the mission in which you go after Eisen, or the one where you launch with Catscratch to try to find the Evil I.

Alright... I've defected... LOVE the Vindicator. Haven't failed a mission yet flying one of those.

------------------

§

Back