Territorial matters

Atum

Spaceman
After the war, we didn't take control of the Kilrathi systems did we? Or is it like Germany after World War two with foreign bases and such.

------------------
Peace cannot be kept by force, it must be achieved through understanding.

No, Kilrathi surendered but they still have they're own systems, though I think Confed can fly anywhere within their space if they want to.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Confed also mines some sort of element (the name of it escapes me, Kilranitum or something) in the Kilrah asteroid belt, so I suppose Terrans are allowed a great deal of freedom within the system.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Never heard of that (where was it, the ICIS manual?) but yes, for example the Deveraux was in the Kilrah system when she was destroyed.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 12, 2000).]

LOAF and I were discussing this a couple of weeks back, actually...

The best we can figure (well, ok, it's mostly me
smile.gif
) is that by the Treaty of Torgo (and any subsequent treaties) Confed is allowed to enter Kilrathi space without any formalities, but for the sake of not not ruffling fur ask before entering for most things, like the TCS Devereaux's activities in the Kilrah system in the WCP intro FMV.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
The Confeds were trying to maintain a Peace Treaty with the Kilrathi after they surrendered. They had no interest to invade Kilrah (considering that THEY were the ones who shot first
redface.gif
).

------------------
Member of BlackLance HQ

"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

I don't think there is a way to invade Kilrah since it was almost completely destroyed by someone (guess who?)...

StarWolf

Earthworm: Uh, I might have dreamed that whole Kilrantium thing.
wink.gif
Because, come to think of it, I can't think of one source that mentions it.

The WC:p intro mentions Kilrathium.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

goes something like this:
Devereaux: scanning high concentrations of Kilrantium and berrillium (or something else)
Devereuax: charging the core.
Coring commencing.

------------------
The time is near.
There are 352 days remaining.

I´m with stupid
|
V

I always got the impression that was a joke. The way the guy said it detecting high concentrations of [some normal element] and kilrathium.. Maybe its dead kilrathi

I always got the impression that was a joke. The way the guy said it detecting high concentrations of [some normal element] and kilrathium.. Maybe its dead kilrathi

Its a secret guys, Kilrathium is really dead kilrathi and we're using them as new fossil fuels. Its the wave of the future!

------------------

Right, they did mention Kilranthium in the Prophecy opening. I only catch it when I play the game with subtitles, but I don't particularly care to do so.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

You know Deadman, I actually thought that would be a good story line. What if the bugs were actually some how connected to the Kilrathi on a genetic level (lol, like being in disguise as you said). I always thought that would be a neat twist, but I think thats just because I think the Kilrathi were just a really great foe to fight.

------------------

<begin B Movie Mode> KILRATHIUM IS PEOPLE!!!! PEOPLE!!! <Breaks down crying </B Movie>

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

He, he... An allusion to Soylent Green?

------------------
A gun rack? I don't own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

LOL, do you do a good charleston Heston impression?

------------------

Back