Stop the madness.... Please!!

Quite... which, is one of the million or so reasons why nobody ever seriously considered that suggestion - including the person who originally posted it
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I've changed my mind about the whole ranking thing...it does have its uses. If someone has a high rank, you can be pretty sure that they are not complete idiots
wink.gif
, since in most cases, the idiots get weeded out fairly quickly by our ever vigilant Mods & Admins.
Those that are left usually won't post stupid threads like 'Is Blair Dead' etc.
Unfortunately, threads like that will always appear, simply because newbies don't realise that these topics have been done to death...reincarnated...and done to death again.
It is an unfortunate fact of life that newbies don't seem to realise this.

And one more thing, don't forget, every single one of you was once a newbie as well (except maybe LOAF...
wink.gif
)

------------------
'What goes around usually gets dizzy and falls over.'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
The Fanfiction Archives

Shaddup, Primarch
smile.gif
. 'Twas a long time ago...
(And I didn't do the things these foolish newbies do, of course
tongue.gif
)

Primarch, why did you have to bring back THAT topic.
smile.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Quarto said:
Quite... which, is one of the million or so reasons why nobody ever seriously considered that suggestion - including the person who originally posted it
smile.gif

Er... Of course I was joking, eh, I would never say such a thing for real...
(Wow, good thing they thought I was joking, lucky me!)
wink.gif

I have the ultimat idea: Whenever you someone asks how he/she can increas his/her ranks, just tell him/her that the ranks are given to people who donat money to the CIC staff and *cough* to the one who came up with this idea *cough*
biggrin.gif

Really now, I don't think adding another annoincment will do any good, there are still some new Blair's death topic out there (though I don't think it's a stupid topic - people should express the way they feel about Blair's death if they want to, just not here
smile.gif
). That gives me another idea: Why not opening a newbie Forum? And make that with no mods, so they'll flame one another and want to leave faster
biggrin.gif

IMO, the best thing we can do is what Kris said: Add an announcement thing like the Sci-Fi Ats CZ has
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Hero said:
That gives me another idea: Why not opening a newbie Forum? And make that with no mods, so they'll flame one another and want to leave faster
biggrin.gif

Now that would alienate the so-called "newbies!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited May 26, 2000).]

Yeah... great idea... bring back the stupid people forum... That idea never works because it makes more stupid people come.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Yes, a stupid people forum is like a beacon, drawing hordes of ravenous Zerg... er... stupid people... from across the internet.

Of course people complain about stupid posts anyway, so there's little difference other than isolating ignorance to some extent no matter what we do.

Hero, there used to be something like this but a lot of it was endless squabble and useless idiot speak. Aside from few exceptions, the curret board seems far better than anything I remember, IMO.

What someone should really do is set up a cheap imitation of the CIC CZ where people can complain about the CIC and therefore all the stupid people can be drawn away... Wait... that's what the SBA did...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Heh. And we know what happened to that. One thing you can do is link an address for outrageous complaints to a site with a never-ending string of error messages...na, that wouldn't be worth the effort, would it?

The SBA didn't draw that much in the way of stupid posts away from here.

Well, what it all comes down to in the end is that the posts in this chatzone are on average a hell of a lot more intelligent than they used to be... say... when a certain Voltron was around.
"What I’m trying to tell you, Colonel, is that things are looking up. The CIC has been making some very positive strides."
smile.gif

Or at least they're silly in an intelligent sort of way. Isn't that right, TC?
smile.gif

There. If that doesn't stop the madness, I don't know what will
cool.gif

Last edited:
Ah, neat.
smile.gif
So you can have two announcements displayed at once.

Back