Ranks in WC Universe

<WC4 BL officer> ...And I couldn't go on! </WC4 BL officer>

Seriously, I wasn't implying that Gryphon's response bothered me in any way, I merely thought that his tone was amusing enough to be worth commenting about. At this point, I'd suggest getting back to the topic, but it seems like there isn't much left to discuss, except perhaps the weirdness of British pronunciation

Oh, ok then. I feel better already! Something else that niggled me, how did Blair jump from Colonel to Commodore? Was it all to do with singlehandedly ending the kilrathi war, or was it also because they s**t on him for 10 years after Tigers Claw bit the dust and wanted to make it up to him?

He didn't really jump... after WC4, he was promoted to Brigadier General (which is the next rank after Colonel). At some point afterwards, he transferred to the Navy, where he was given a rank equivalent to Brigadier General - which made him a Commodore.

psych said:
If Ripper's a Marine, I got no problems with him.

Ripper, PM inbound your way.

What's "PM"?

By the way, SEALS are weenies, but it's just because they're swabbos.

Do you know why sailors use powdered soap in the shower aboard ship?

It takes longer to pick it up after they drop it. :D

But a Corpsman is another thing all together.

"A Corpsman will go through the gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine."

(Wipes tear from eye for real.)

I just found out a few days ago that my best friend is getting sent to Iraq in December. If all goes according to plan, he'll get back in late march, just in time for his wedding in May. Fortunately, he'll spend his days patroling the streets in an Abrams. He should be fine.

My nephew is over there now, with the Fourth Division. He's in a Bradley, too. And getting ambushed and shot at. Tell your buddy to watch his ass, don't go anywhere alone, and that NO place over there is safe or secure. Sic 'em.

Eh, he knows. I talked to him for today for the first time since July. If you read any of my Privateer stories (www.overmortal.com/literature.htm), he's the one that wrote the "Snake Stories".

Anyway, he's going to be commanding both a tank, and his own platoon (if I understood him correctly). He's already been briefed on what to do and what not to do over there. But, like I said, he'll be protected by tank armor, and the Iraqi guerillas don't too many boom-sticks capable of getting to him through that tank armor.

I told him he'd better come back safe, because he and I are in the process of co-authoring a book.

He didn't really jump... after WC4, he was promoted to Brigadier General (which is the next rank after Colonel). At some point afterwards, he transferred to the Navy, where he was given a rank equivalent to Brigadier General - which made him a Commodore.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Back