Problems? Post them here...

Ah... I guess bug fixing has a higher priority?
Well, at a time when the game is crashing half the time and we're constantly churning out new internal patches to test... yep, I'd be very worried if Dundradal had time for mission trees ;).

Well, there is an alternative version, where you jump in ahead of the Lionheart in one of the Gladii. I don't remember offhand what the conditions are to get this version, though.

No kidding? Didn't know that. I'll have a good time replaying Standoff and exploring all its little nooks and crannies. Like that "easter egg" losing path episode 2 mission that happens if you fail to destroy the Kilrathi capship. That's a great mission that a lot of people never see.

Well, at a time when the game is crashing half the time and we're constantly churning out new internal patches to test... yep, I'd be very worried if Dundradal had time for mission trees ;).

Time? I have time? Where is this time?

But I only have the Ep5 missions trees to do (which are actually the easiest of the entire game) and to polish the Ep1-4 guide sections.

But yeah, since last week I've probably spent 20 hours NOT testing Standoff. Otherwise, when I wake up in the morning until I have to go teach in the evenings, it's Standoff, Standoff, Standoff.

Tonight will most likely be another late night....my average sleep this week has been barely 6 hours...some days even less...but it's no pain when the reward is everyone enjoying the game.

Hopefully very soon we have a patch that will take care of the major issues. Then we'll move on to polishing sections and finishing the sim missions.

Then Dundradal can take a....oh yeah....I have to finish the guide and get back to work on WCPedia...one day...one day... :p

Another bug I found. Harmless though. On Sabre Pursuit, if you press CTRL+O (Objectives Screen), the mission name is [duplicate name]

First problem is actually not our fault. It's Origin's! I swear! From the Launcher FAQ: (which everyone should read anyways because we address many issues that keep popping up here)

If do get that exiting error, yes we need to message, so please write it down.

We know what's wrong with the sim and are very close to fixing the crashing bug.

I'm sorry about mentioning the "eject bug"... I have not read everything so this is my fault. I'm sorry...

If I get this exiting error again, I will post it here.

Thank you!

Just to report, I'm getting a consistent crash in the destroyer/carrier attack mission in episode 3. Always happens (4 times now) a few minutes after reaching the Snakeir.

Not sure if it's the memory bug because it happens each time regardless of whether it's the first mission I play or not.

I too have the Problem with crashing, i might get through one Mission (playing Simulator for the most Part atm.) and then have a rising chance of getting a crash, i would say its 50% from the start and accumulates. Its somehow related to cg.dll as far as i can tell.

I am on Vista64bit Quadcore Q6600@3.2ghz 8Gigs Ram, 8800GT

Looking forward for the patch, so i can dig in deep to the Story, i really like what i see so far!

Aloha... I have two issues to report...

1. If DEP (on Windows XP) is turned on for all processes, Standoff will throw an error claiming that a certain region of memory cannot be written to (presumably because it is being executed), and the game will not start. This is kind of minor, but a pain because it necessitates turning off DEP (which leaves you more vulnerable to buffer overflows).

2. The bigger one... When I start Standoff, it goes as far as the "Loading Data" screen, then immediately crashes to the desktop with no error message. FWIW, I'm using Windows XP SP3 with an Intel graphics chipset and the latest drivers.

(FWIW is there any way I can force a crashing program on Windows to spit out an error message?)

Hi. Usually when you set the WIN95 compatibility flag on the EXE, DEP ignores it.

In the launcher, get in the option menu, click "Install a compatibility fix...". Choose option 1 and click "Install".

Please report back !

During "Endgame"
on the winning path (well... I think it's the winning path)
I land my ship and get the mission summary. When I click exit from the mission summary the game crashes to the desktop. This happened twice. After that I opened Process Manager (that I downloaded from the Microsoft website) and kept it running while playing Standoff. Somehow, this allowed me to get to the
"hangar scene" and the "talk to crowd hotspot."
(get past the crash).

This happened on Windows XP SP3.

By the way the game is great. The cockpits were really outstanding. This really made my summer. Thank You Standoff Team!

Also a nitpick on the download page of the new standoff website. It says that the episodes for WCSO are no longer are available. The CIC reported the episodes to be legal for download back in January https://www.wcnews.com/news/3375

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Usually when you set the WIN95 compatibility flag on the EXE, DEP ignores it.

In the launcher, get in the option menu, click "Install a compatibility fix...". Choose option 1 and click "Install".

Please report back !

Win95 compatibility was already set. I (rather grudgingly, as I dislike buffer overflows) disabled DEP except for system stuff, and that fixed the memory error, but it did not fix the crash.

(Could it be a driver issue? The drivers for my card seem not to have been updated in about a year.)

Well, I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intended.
I have been playing the last mission a lot and the game always crashed so I tried to went back to the Firekka after I defeated Prince Thrakath, I did not destroy the Hakaga and just got a 50% on the other carriers. Mission failed and all, and yet we won.

After that I tried something a bit more extreme. I just went to the nav point with the hakaga and went back to the firekka without doing anything, and still I won... (I think that they managed to destroy 2 capships when I was trying to get the autopilot back to the firekka), so... is this a bug or when you get to this last mission you can always win.

Well the Hakaga cannot be destroyed, it may even have invincible components. The enemy of course will retreat no matter what after this attack, so it will always be a win.

Search & Rescue (chapter 5 losing path 2?) crashes when I jump, every time. When my ship starts to appear on the other side.
Can't eject or I'm picked up by cats (I assume that's always in this mission?)
I'm not sure if I've yet done any other jump since installing C5.
I was able to finish the winning path.
Win98 and D3D, slow old machine.

PS my explorer keeps crashing when I try to read this forum. Some irony.

I coded this mission and tested it like a hundred times, and it did happend to me once, and I am pretty sure that's because I hit "J" twice :p Just restart the mission again, that jump is just at the start of the mission, it's not bothersome to do it again.

Back