Problems? Post them here...

One other problem. When you're defending Firekka from capship torpedoes... um... isn't it too easy to hit her one too many times and get branded a traitor? I was just chasing down some torps ABOUT to hit her, a couple shots landed on her shields, and whammo 'traitors never win'.

Updated my drivers, still no go... Immediate crash to desktop after "Loading Data", with no error messages.

Greetings all! Playing through ep 5, just entered the system with the
Landreich
and am on the mission when you
deploy in Arrows to intercept enemy bombers

As soon as I exist auto-pilot at Nav 1 I crash and get the error message in the attached file. This happens every time.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 160
Falcon,

In regards to first question...well shoot them down before they get so close :p

And for the second...yes we know and have a fix in place for it.

Update: upgraded to latest version... Still the immediate crash to desktop after "Loading Data", and still no error messages.

(For the next update, would it be possible to do something to force Standoff to produce some sort of error message? A log maybe?)

Update: upgraded to latest version... Still the immediate crash to desktop after "Loading Data", and still no error messages.
I know you said Win95 compatibility was already set, but have you gone into the options menu and install the compatibility fix, option 1 nontheless ? If you haven't, please do it and report back.

(For the next update, would it be possible to do something to force Standoff to produce some sort of error message? A log maybe?)
You gotta realise that we're not rebuilding the game engine, so we have no way of controling the way it crashes :p You can get some informations to sned us, though, by clicking that link in the crash window that lets you see more details about the crash.

I know you said Win95 compatibility was already set, but have you gone into the options menu and install the compatibility fix, option 1 nontheless ? If you haven't, please do it and report back.

Yeah I did that... Still the crash.

You gotta realise that we're not rebuilding the game engine, so we have no way of controling the way it crashes :p You can get some informations to sned us, though, by clicking that link in the crash window that lets you see more details about the crash.

There isn't any window. It just... exits.

Iceblade said:
You might be able to get some form of error message if you start standoff via a command prompt.

Thanks, tried that too though... Nada.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks... I've got other stuff to do than playing games. ;)

Yeah I did that... Still the crash.

I get that too, but that was after implementing my new graphics card, this is related to the graphics card drivers from ATI under XP though, does your card still function in dxdiag?

Just figured out a workaround for a small problem that i had. Because the game runs in OpenGL (and looks awesome) Vista only lets it run at 60hz, wich is when you got an old 21" CRT and 1600*1200 not too nice on the eyes. So simple fix (i found out when it looked like it crashed, but just some other program tasked me out) to task out, go to the display settings and set it to 85hz (or what ever you want) and task back in. Tadaaa, works with my 8800GT and my eyes are much happier! :)

New problem cropped up.

In ep 5's winning path, after
saving Concordia from the Fralthra (or rather it saves itself) nothing happens. It's as though a trigger fails to activate and I just float around waiting for something to happen or me to be allowed to autopilot back to base and nothing ever does.

I like the game a lot! But I seem to have a problem where the music only plays the first few notes and then is stuck repeating itself. All other sounds and voices work great, as do cutscenes, it's just music that's screwed up. I have an X-fi Fatality headset with USB drivers and have not had any problems with it, so I don't quite know why the game's music is messed up. Also the music doesn't change mid-mission if I engage hostiles or complete the mission.

If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them, thanks!

New problem cropped up.

saving Concordia from the Fralthra (or rather it saves itself) nothing happens. It's as though a trigger fails to activate and I just float around waiting for something to happen or me to be allowed to autopilot back to base and nothing ever does.
I had to wait some time, at least a minute like that and I'm not sure if you have to fly close to Firekka to trigger it.

Sorry I don't have a clearer report, but in a few missions in episode 5, I had kilrathi pilots voices showing a confed helmet video, and vice versa. Anyway, on the whole, playing through Standoff has been so much fun, like a modern professional WC game.

New problem cropped up.

I encountered this one as well.
If I afterburn away from the first nav point (say I flee) and then return home. Then they send me to the concordia, as as they say above, all the enemies are gone, but I'm stuck.

I encountered this one as well.
If I afterburn away from the first nav point (say I flee) and then return home. Then they send me to the concordia, as as they say above, all the enemies are gone, but I'm stuck.

Yes that's exactly what I did at Nav 1, afterburned away. Wasn't able to destroy all the objectives and Bradshaw ordered the retreat. Wonder if that has something to do with it. I'll test some more right now.

"Battle of Verdun" still crashes regularly. No clear reason, somethings at Nav1, sometimes at Nav2, ... Before the Ep5, I only got through this one by ejecting. Hoped you would fix it but even with the patch, no luck.

I like the game a lot! But I seem to have a problem where the music only plays the first few notes and then is stuck repeating itself. All other sounds and voices work great, as do cutscenes, it's just music that's screwed up. I have an X-fi Fatality headset with USB drivers and have not had any problems with it, so I don't quite know why the game's music is messed up. Also the music doesn't change mid-mission if I engage hostiles or complete the mission.

If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them, thanks!

What mission?

System Specs?

As for the other mission where people can't return home...that's very odd. You should hear Connie announce the Fralatha dead, then trigger talk then stingray talk then the auto light. Are those voiceovers playing?

As for the confed/kil helmets changing...this is something I haven't seen in testing. If possible grab screenshots. If you have any issue in game that a screenshot can show...grab one and post it.

Back