New 3D Thread

L.I.F. Looks from the screenshot like the normals are flipped on those faces. It sometimes happens when you convert across multiple formats. In blender, select those faces and then go to the edit->normals and select flip normals. if the normals are inverted they should appear light gray like the rest of the mesh after you flip them.
Heh, looks like Klavs ninja'ed you as this was indeed the issue and it was solved properly, the following Broadsword post showing the corrected in-game version. Good eye, though! :)

The main issue now is to make a visible torpedo release work in-game, something that, AFAIK, has never been attempted either in the engine, but where's the fun if there ain't a challenge, right? :-P

BTW, I just noticed the quote in your sig and remembered that I've seen it elsewhere. Are you in Spacebattles.com by any luck?

Well, because it seems that it's somewhat de rigueur these days to throw Klav's models into any engine we can get our hands on. I say "challenge accepted"! ;) Here's a Vision-ized Ferret in Prophecy Unlimited for your viewing pleasure:

F1.jpg F2.jpg F5.jpg F6.jpg

and a few action shots against Dralthi IV's:
F4.jpg F3.jpg

They do pretty good against Dralthi, Vaktoth on the other hand...they die quick and ugly.

Well, because it seems that it's somewhat de rigueur these days to throw Klav's models into any engine we can get our hands on. I say "challenge accepted"! ;) Here's a Vision-ized Ferret in Prophecy Unlimited for your viewing pleasure:

View attachment 9031 View attachment 9032 View attachment 9035 View attachment 9036

and a few action shots against Dralthi IV's:
View attachment 9034 View attachment 9033

They do pretty good against Dralthi, Vaktoth on the other hand...they die quick and ugly.
Bwahaha, nice!

Next step, people, we will get his fighters in the Wing Commander III/IV engine, and then in the Wing Commander I engine, because why the heck not?! :-P

Bwahaha, nice!

Next step, people, we will get his fighters in the Wing Commander III/IV engine, and then in the Wing Commander I engine, because why the heck not?! :-P

Of course, now that I know it can be done, I may have to go "full Klavs" (if that's a thing, is that a thing? I think its a thing) on some future Vision mod. But it is making me rethink at least the capships at the very least in the MUP. :cool:

Of course, now that I know it can be done, I may have to go "full Klavs" (if that's a thing, is that a thing? I think its a thing) on some future Vision mod. But it is making me rethink at least the capships at the very least in the MUP. :cool:
Heh heh, I guess we will have to work up some tool package with his ships integrated in various engines for future modders, then. :)

You guys are making this cranky old space engineer get all misty eyed! THANK YOU for all your hard work getting these monstrosities into these engines! I can't wait to play them!

I'll try to hold up my end by finishing out the WC2 era ships if it kills me! Which wouldn't take much of late. :)

Excited to see such life in this forum still!

You guys are making this cranky old space engineer get all misty eyed! THANK YOU for all your hard work getting these monstrosities into these engines! I can't wait to play them!

I'll try to hold up my end by finishing out the WC2 era ships if it kills me! Which wouldn't take much of late. :)

Excited to see such life in this forum still!
No, thank YOU for making them. That's how Wing Commander should look like and while I dunno for sure how it is for the other guys, but I'm pretty sure everybody here is excited to be able to push these engines to their limit with your creations.

Plus, these girls were just begging to come alive and getting them to work was a very old dream here. :)

You frakkin' rock.

So, poll: what ship should I do next?

I was kind of leaning toward Gladius, but I still need to do the Gilgamesh, Crossbow, and a bunch of Kilrathi destroyers and transports and stuff, and maybe a gen 1 stealth?

Well, if I might say, do you think it would take much work to get the existing Drayman the same kind of game-friendly tinkering you did wih the other files? The transports are not the coolest things to fly, but they make a great part for the various games, IMHO. Beyond that, I wouldn't have much preference. :)

If someone wanted to pick up some kind of WC2-era Vision mod using Klavs' models I'd be glad to do the conversions. Sadly I'm spread very thin among my existing projects and I need to get at least one finished before I pick up another. I'm also pretty lackluster at mission scripting right now, but maybe others might fill the void. (casts shifty eyes at @Adm_maverick) :)

So, poll: what ship should I do next?

I was kind of leaning toward Gladius, but I still need to do the Gilgamesh, Crossbow, and a bunch of Kilrathi destroyers and transports and stuff, and maybe a gen 1 stealth?

My votes:

1. Strakha
2. Gilgamesh
3. Waterloo
4. Free Trader
5. Clydesdale
6. K'tithrak Mang
7. Kilrathi Starbase
8. Lance/Dragon fighter

Also, I can't see any turrets on your Kilrathi cap ships. Any chanc of a Kilrathi turret model that I can add to the existing ships?

My votes:

1. Strakha
2. Gilgamesh
3. Waterloo
4. Free Trader
5. Clydesdale
6. K'tithrak Mang
7. Kilrathi Starbase
8. Lance/Dragon fighter

Also, I can't see any turrets on your Kilrathi cap ships. Any chanc of a Kilrathi turret model that I can add to the existing ships?
Just FYI, DefianceIndustries made a Lance/Dragon recently, so that could cover the needs ATM. For the turret models, there is that hemispheric turret model on various ships, like the Snakeir.

There seem to be a myriad of turrets out there. I purposefully left them off so people could add their own in whatever configuration. I did add the hemispherical turrets a-la wing commander academy on the Fralthi and Snakier though. The Hakaga also has some rough sketches of one, too, I believe.

The Marine Transport/Hospital Ship is up, in addition to the shuttle and Marine Assault Transport.

I need to do a 'Cat Killers' livery for you if you still plan to have a Vukar Tag mission, tho, she's in Reavers livery ATM.

https://skfb.ly/6oNDZ

Nice one, thanks! I'll try to get her in-game (after a few hours of sleep, though, I just finished Life is Strange right now).

As for the turrets, there's always the possibility to reuse the ones from WC Saga.

If someone wanted to pick up some kind of WC2-era Vision mod using Klavs' models I'd be glad to do the conversions. Sadly I'm spread very thin among my existing projects and I need to get at least one finished before I pick up another. I'm also pretty lackluster at mission scripting right now, but maybe others might fill the void. (casts shifty eyes at @Adm_maverick) :)

What? I'm in school right now.

Back