New 3D Thread

Yay, that's great. It's the next best thing to actually being able to fly them meself.
The textures look a little lo-res, are they supposed to scale up when you cache long enough or does the site have a size limit?

Yay, that's great. It's the next best thing to actually being able to fly them meself.
The textures look a little lo-res, are they supposed to scale up when you cache long enough or does the site have a size limit?

The free version of the site has a limit for textures of 1024 x 1024, so I had to scale my beautiful 8192^2 images down. :(

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Here's an earlier shot from a different thread, before I had textured her.

I had this picture in mind when I did my comment :) ,now that the textures are finished and all... :D

You do amazing models and very cool shots too !

The TCS Victory Museum is proud to announce the opening of Hangar C, housing a unique and unmatched collection of Kilrathi wartime artifacts. Also on display in the Kilrathi hangar is Lancelot 300, the famous F-103 Excalibur that dropped the Temblor Bomb which destroyed Kilrah and ended the Kilrathi war.

Please bear with us as we reorganize the information displays.

Hangar B has been reorganized to contain exclusively Terran spacecraft. And opening soon, the orbital display portion of the museum will provide EVA sled tours of some of the Kilrathi War's most famous capital ships, from Fralthi cruisers to the Bengal Class Carrier TCS Wolfhound!

Would either of these work for you?
The second is more of a patch/badge for the development team kind of idea.

Done! It's official now :)

Aaaand, I can't stop making these now. :)

F44.png Terran Fighter Patch.png Killer Bee.pngFelix.png

Last edited:
The TCS Victory Museum is proud to announce the opening of Hangar C, housing a unique and unmatched collection of Kilrathi wartime artifacts. Also on display in the Kilrathi hangar is Lancelot 300, the famous F-103 Excalibur that dropped the Temblor Bomb which destroyed Kilrah and ended the Kilrathi war.

Please bear with us as we reorganize the information displays.

Hangar B has been reorganized to contain exclusively Terran spacecraft. And opening soon, the orbital display portion of the museum will provide EVA sled tours of some of the Kilrathi War's most famous capital ships, from Fralthi cruisers to the Bengal Class Carrier TCS Wolfhound!

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

I wonder.. why is the Excalibur in the Kilrathi-Hangar? Is it a bug? The separation is great though. But putting them all so neatly in one place only emphasizes the lack of civilian ships .. ;)

I wonder.. why is the Excalibur in the Kilrathi-Hangar? Is it a bug? The separation is great though. But putting them all so neatly in one place only emphasizes the lack of civilian ships .. ;)

There's limited space in each p3d gallery, when hangar b became full up I had to make another account to fit in the rest. I thought it made sense to put the Excalibur in the Kilrathi hangar. The thinking was that the majority of Kilrathi would probably revere the instrument that brought about Kn'thrak.

There's limited space in each p3d gallery, when hangar b became full up I had to make another account to fit in the rest. I thought it made sense to put the Excalibur in the Kilrathi hangar. The thinking was that the majority of Kilrathi would probably revere the instrument that brought about Kn'thrak.

Klavs if I remember correct ,you have 2 Arrow models one Armada era one Wc3/4 era correct ?
I see one arrow model on Hangar :)

Dear Wingnuts,

I've got to put Wing Commander plans on hold for the time being as I work three jobs and try and see my family every once in a while. Please follow our continuing work on Facebook at Hangar B Productions, and stay tuned for some aviation related awesomeness. I'll try to drop by the forums from time to time.I get a lot of requests to share my models, and I usually decline. Mostly, I wanted to get a big enough pack of them together so that any mods or games that wound up using them would have a chance at a consistent art style. Not so much 'realistic' but semi-cartoony in a way that I feel does the early Wing Commander games justice. Given that I have to take a break from these for a while, I felt now was a good time to release them.

Enjoy, and please respect the models and the hideous amount of time I've put into them! You'll find a number of blank textures so you can build your own liveries.

Many thanks to Howard Day for the basis models for the Scimitar and Jalthi, and many many many thanks to the staff and members at wcnews.com for the amazing support and generosity shown over the years.

Cheers,

-Klavs

Human Models: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9sbqkafts8wsfe/Klavs Terran Models.zip?dl=0

Kilrathi Models: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wlycr3l6lutaxa/Klavs Kilrathi Models.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
That's sad, but you surely made a hell of a farewell present.
Good luck with whatever it is you're about to do, be it work, family or something entirely different.
Heck, sometimes i didn't even expect you to *have* a family considering the amount of content you created, be sure to make up for it to them.

Thank you for all the great models you've created over the years. And I wholeheartly wish you good luck with your jobs and that you and your family are happy. :)

Good fortune in your endeavors Klavs, we've had a helluva good show seeing the masterful work you've cooked up.

Life finds us all and precious little time for any of it. Regardless, we'll be here holding down the fort as we always have. Wing Commander has a funny habit of encroaching on our minds no matter how busy we get. ;)

See you on the firing line! :D

my heart is sad that you will have less time.. but oh man did you just make my day with a plethora of drawing references.. if I use them in anything I'll be sure to give you 157% of the credit :D fly safe, pilot!

Back