Nazi regime

Would you support a Nazi regime?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
I never knew I was a Nazi. Thanks for the heads-up TC! I'll make sure to avoid gov't position now.

I think Phillip Tanaka just wants us to have a Nazi regime and is too scared to say it.

If anyone wants another option, I plan on making a massive Egyptian cult based on drowning hypnotized girls with hot wax while wrapped like mummies.

Wha? Me? Yeah right. Sure I do, so all of them can be mowed down. A Panzer vs a Abram or T-80. Round up the leaders such as Himmiler and Rummel and have them in court in just their nappies...nah they'd probably like that. Do to Hitler some of the things he'd done to the Jews. Have the SS and Death's Head Gestapo used as suicihuman missiles. Yeah, bringing back the Nazis would be way cool if we could do all that. Maybe emulare Bionic Commando (remember that?) into the bargain.

Someone's playing too much Medal Of Honor and trying to sound smart and opinionated, methinks.

...Wait, thats usually me isn't it?

Actually I've hardly played it. Last exposure to the Second World War was Saving Private Ryan. And I'd hate to be in Normandy or take part in that, dunno what the name of the operation was, but where they try and block the bridges from the Nazis. No, counterterrorism for me. Rogue Spear and Navy SEALS.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Actually I've hardly played it. Last exposure to the Second World War was Saving Private Ryan. And I'd hate to be in Normandy or take part in that, dunno what the name of the operation was, but where they try and block the bridges from the Nazis. No, counterterrorism for me. Rogue Spear and Navy SEALS.

D-Day, or Operation: Overlord.

The Americans had 2 Beache Heads (Omaha and Utah), the Brits and Canadians had 3 (Juno, Sword and Gold).

Omaha Beach which is the one in Saving Private Ryan, had the most casutys, cause there was a Panza division there.

Yeah, D-Day I know. I think there's a blooper in it now that you bring it up. They invade Normandy right? Doesn't Tom Hanks' character say how many people he lost at Utah? Anyway, when the Allies were going after the bridges to stop the Nazi advance, wasn't that something diffirent, or was that also part of Overlord?

Oh, well, going after bridges to the stop enemy advance was a pretty standard procedure :p. I don't know to what degree SPR was based on facts, but the events portrayed in the film certainly could have happened. D-Day included paratroopers (and dummies with parachutes, too :)), and their basic job was to get behind enemy lines and disrupt the defences as much as possible.

Saving Private Ryan, to my knowledge, was made to be as accurate as possible. Seeing how real it looked after reading about it and how it had been emulated, I'd say it was a pretty fair reprentation.

I haven't watched Saving Private Ryan for a while. But I think that both American Beach Heads had it bad

While the events and places may be somewhat bogus, the gear, etc is very close if not a perfect match.

If you want something even closer to actual happenings, there is Band of Brothers.

Omaha Beach which is the one in Saving Private Ryan, had the most casutys, cause there was a Panza division there.

Whu? The Panzer Lehr Divsion was called in about 2 hours before the landings at Omaha. The Allied Bombing hadn't taken place until an hour later, and during that bombing, that Panzer division was wiped out. The major reason why there were the most casualties on Omaha, was because it was the most heavily fortified section of the Normandy beachheads. There were more concrete bunkers, and pillboxes for deadly crossfire. Also there were the most casualties because there was a shingle, the U.S. troops had to get up, and a bluff which German snipers could pick them off from. Tanks played no major role in casualties there. Gold, Juno, and Sword were the weakest points on the Normandy Beachhead, the British and Canadians pretty much Waltz through.
Anyway, the Omaha invasion scene in Saving Private Ryan was painstakingly accurate, not bogus. Bridges were an improtant part. Saving Private Ryan is based around a true story of a squad sent to rescue a soldier who's brothers were killed.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Yeah, D-Day I know. I think there's a blooper in it now that you bring it up. They invade Normandy right? Doesn't Tom Hanks' character say how many people he lost at Utah? Anyway, when the Allies were going after the bridges to stop the Nazi advance, wasn't that something diffirent, or was that also part of Overlord?

No, the operation to control all the bridges leading into the Rhine and have the Allied troops home by Christmas was called Operation: Marketgarden. Ultimately, the plan failed because the Germans had just resupplied their troops and the Allies weren't expecting anything but old men and children to be fighting.

My grandfather was in the Pacific Theater. He died when I was 5, before I became interested in WWII. But my mom and grandma said he never said anything about. My other grandfather helped create the atomic bomb and the camera that went to the moon. There's a guy that goes to my church who saw the worst on D-Day. He was in the first wave at Omaha.

My Grandad landed on Sword beach, he only ever talked about it once, he told us about how the Higgins boats dropped the ramps and he and his men (He was a sargeant) charged out into water up to their necks (turns out they were stuck on a sand bank instead of the beach) he said that they were wading ashore as the Germans were mowing them down. Any ways, two men either side of him were hit, and he took a bullet in the shoulder and a piece of 88 sharpnel in the leg. He said the last thing he remembered before blacking out was a medical officer pushing him back into a Higgins boat.

I am glad that I wasn't there and I hope that I never have to do anything like that, even thinking about it scares the pants off me.

Originally posted by Timmy the Tooth
No, the operation to control all the bridges leading into the Rhine and have the Allied troops home by Christmas was called Operation: Marketgarden.

That's it, Marketgarden.

Back