Kilrathi Saga?

TC said:
If it is done correctly it will work. SB16 (esp. the original) works great with old games.

TC

'tis a SB16/AWE32. Priv really liked that card, but I can't use it as the PC is my mothers now
frown.gif
. I wish I had the card, I'd give up the couple extra features my AudioPIC (which is the same as a SB64-PCI) has for the DOS support.

Last edited by a moderator:
KrisV said:
$8 Canadian, that's what? A nickel in US dollars? That's a sweet deal.

I got two copies of Priv Gold EA Classic for..let me look..3.99 each.

And a copy of Armada EA Classic for $1.87

The same day I got a copy of Mechwarrior 2 Mercs 3dfx Edition for $0.99 (who says you can't get anything for a doller!)

I later found out that a used copy of KS sold at the same store, the local (well, an hour away) Electornics Botique, for $8. The sales guy in the Babbages in the same mall bought it for that price. I was so disapointed that I missed that.

[This message has been edited by Jumper (edited June 29, 2000).]

Neat, I just picked up a WC Academy (CD), Black Classic Edition for $10. I didn't have that one yet.

Does everybody here know how to see what the highest bid in an ebay auction is without bidding over it?
I was going through the WC auctions there, and I saw this action for some guy`s backup copies of KS. The first bidder bid 20$ when the opening price was 1 buck!
Now don`t tell me this isn`t total insanity.

Kris: Where? online?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

KrisV said:
Neat, I just picked up a WC Academy (CD), Black Classic Edition for $10. I didn't have that one yet.

I got my Academy CD for free. "Borrowed" it from school... It's a CD of like 10 older EA games that came with the Soundblaster Multimedia Kits (SB16/4xCD) they bought to upgrade computers 6 years ago. They had a box of like 20, and they aren't allowed to play games on the computers anyway, so I "borrowed" one.

NR: No, the good old bargain bin, although I did buy most of my collection online.

MH: You can never tell what the highest bid is until you've exceeded it. Which makes a lot of sense, or you could figure it out and wait till the last second to outbid the guy by the smallest increment. And why is it insane to bid $20 from the start? You know it's gonna get expensive anyway, and you might scare one or two guys away.

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited June 29, 2000).]

Yes you can!
Wanna know how?
wink.gif

And as I said, the auction is for a backup copy.

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited June 30, 2000).]

Hmm, interesting. I didn't think all those auctioning places allowed the sale of pirated software. Of course, "backup" sounds almost legal, so maybe they just didn't notice.

If someone informs them that something illegal is going on they'll take care of it. They don't tend to want to stop any buisness they're making money off of unless they have a reason (eg. someone caring enough to tell them)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Well, minimum bid just skyrocketed to 46$.
Nobody seems to care it`s not an original copy, so who am I to interfere with their transaction.

Of course they don't care
smile.gif
. It's KSaga - people would kill to get it. Or at least, that's what it seems like.
wink.gif

But the fools don't realise that this way, they'll never get the neat calendar, which even now adorns my wall, despite being off by three years
smile.gif

So, nobody wants to know how to fool the bidding technique in eBay auctions, and see what the maximum bid is without going over it?
wink.gif

Quarto said:
Of course they don't care
smile.gif
. It's KSaga - people would kill to get it. Or at least, that's what it seems like.
wink.gif

But the fools don't realise that this way, they'll never get the neat calendar, which even now adorns my wall, despite being off by three years
smile.gif

Darn right people will kill for KSaga. just the other day I...erm..nevermind
smile.gif
(j/k)

I want that calendar! And the neato manuals and the box and all that stuff! "Backups" don't give you any of that.

Ah, they just dropped the ball on that KS auction.
I guess someone got pissed off and ratted on that thief.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe it is stupid for a person to pay over $200.00 for Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga.
A great computer game thats out of print.Or even more stupid to pay over a $1000.00 for a stamp,baseball card,basketball card,coins, or whatever they enjoy to collect or to have.
I think it is more than a game.Its the game.
The late computer gamers have it tough.
Because it is nowhere to be found.
All they could do is read a review about a kick @ss 90's space sim on some popular website that says it is a must have.
And of course no one wants to part with it.
Except for that seller on Ebay.
With 100 other people checking out the same Item.Who all wants the best 3 Space sims in one box designed to run perfect under Windows 95 in mint condition.
A game that would fit nicely in that empty spot on the shelf next to Wing Comander IV, Wing Commander Phrophecy gold edition,and Privateer 2 deluxe Edition.

I guess if the bidder wants the game badly he will pay over $200.00 for it.The Quest would be over for that empty space on the shelf.
Only if he wins that is.

[This message has been edited by Eddie2u (edited July 04, 2000).]

That was around a year ago... I think all hopes of that have failed.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Back