Kilrathi Saga?

hehehe...
You can always call apon the Fifth Amendment if you mess up...

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in creating a Coalition for Lower KS Prices? Perhaps do a little digging into these auctions, see if sellers are jacking prices??

there's something called confidentiality that would make that VERY VERY difficult. We could monitor the site to see who bid on what, but even that wouldnt make a solid case. I have access to roughly two dozen computers on a daily basis, roughly a hundred when school is in. I'd be surprised if they bid from the same computer very often.

Even if we DID get some solid evidence like that, we would have gotten it illegally and it would be thrown out in court. Which would make it even harder to get similar legit evidence brought up.

Jumper said:
Anyone interested in creating a Coalition for Lower KS Prices? Perhaps do a little digging into these auctions, see if sellers are jacking prices??
Has it occurred to you that some people may be willing and capable of paying that much for it?

Of course there are people willing to pay that much. But these people are either:
a. Very rich
b. totally insane
c. all of the above.

Has it occurred to you that some people may be willing and capable of paying that much for it?

I'm not, and a lot of people are not either.

Seams that the people who already have it don't care about helping those of us who don't get it for the same reasonable price that you might have paid when it first came out. Most WC fans, at least that I've talked to, got it then. It's just us new fans who don't have it, and do we matter? No.

[This message has been edited by Jumper (edited June 27, 2000).]

Quarto said:
The main problem is not that we don't want to help, it's that we have no way to help.

How about this, this is a way to help..
Everyone e-mail PC Gamer and say how much you enjoyed the WC1 KS on the PCG CD..and say that you would like to see Wc2 also. If they put WC2 on the PCG CD, I'd be happy. So would lots of others. At least in the US.

Could you guys close this topic? There are much more constructive things to do then argue over something that we probably can't change short of buying the rights to WC...

See my post under "This pisses me off...." for an explination of why i say this.

Generally speaking, we don't close subjects just because one user wants it closed
smile.gif
But don't worry, this thread will probably die all by itself. They generally do eventually.

Why can't you guys go find a store that sells used computer games... WC2 was released so many times in so many ways that you'll find one if you look a few times. It takes very little effort to make it work on any IBM compatible computer.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Damn right
smile.gif
Today I got another copy of WC3 for but $8 Canadian.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

TC said:
Why can't you guys go find a store that sells used computer games... WC2 was released so many times in so many ways that you'll find one if you look a few times. It takes very little effort to make it work on any IBM compatible computer.

TC

Hmmm.. Not it's not
smile.gif
I tried. The same P-100 / SB16 ISA that loved WC1 hated WC2. I never did get the darn speech pak working, even in DOS Mode. And my current PC has an AudioPCI, and the DOS Legacy driver crashes with a "Memory Parity Error". No sound = no fun.

If it is done correctly it will work. SB16 (esp. the original) works great with old games.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Back