Kilrathi Saga?

Actually, yes! The other day, I was playing WC2SM1 and I actually did see Prince Thrak`s face in the cutscene. A kodak moment! heh.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
KrisV said:
Is it really that bad?
smile.gif

You could probably pick up an old 386 or 486 laptop for less than what Kilrathi Saga is going for.

I HAVE a 486/33, which would be perfect to run my copy of WC 2 Deluxe, except for two things - a) No CD Drive and b) No Sound Card!

Playing WC2 without sound is like watching Star Wars without sound.. Stupid. I beat it on my P-100/Win 98, but I had to leave out the speech pak and drop to DOS mode to pass some missions that gave me an 'Illegal Operation'. I'd like to play the game in it's full glory; I think the KS bugs are foregiveable considering the status of the WC1/2 source (a home-spun mess).

Yes, I noticed the little "victory music loop" bug in the WC1 KS, even on my PCG CD version. I'm thinking of copying all the data files, instead of just the ones installed, to the WC1 folder on my hard drive, as it seams to be a CD access problem. Even so, WC1 KS is...without description..the most awsome game I've ever played ahead of WC1 DOS..

One thing that really bothered me...Starvector was a long-running source of KS that we all knew about.. But when Buy.Com put up that they had it, again, someone with lots of money and no feeling for WC bought all the copies and they are now reselling them. Next time a source for KS is found *please* post it here and not on the main news page, so that real fans have a chance to get copies first... There was no way you could have known that would happen, but if I remember, NO ONE ever got their copy from Buy.com

My order is still outstanding, on "backorder". I'm thinking of e-mailing the vice president of customer service or whatever and complaining of false advertising. Maybe they'll grab a copy off eBay and send it to me or something..

Anyway, again.... The temptation to make lots of money is very great, but if anyone ever has an extra copy of KS (yeah, right), please, don't contribute to the Fleecing of WC Fans!

Twister: Yeah, I saw him once. It was when I used the KS version of SO with the DOS version of WC
smile.gif
. A lot of other things didn't quite work, but at least the Prince looked right
biggrin.gif

Jumper said:
I HAVE a 486/33, which would be perfect to run my copy of WC 2 Deluxe, except for two things - a) No CD Drive and b) No Sound Card!
Man, that sucks bigtime. If only you could buy a soundcard seperately, instead of a whole computer!
smile.gif

As for not having CD drive, hook your two machines up with a serial cable, and install and play it from the hard drive. Older CD drives are a bit hard to find, but I could go out and buy a $10 SB16 any day. Some people just aren't trying hard enough
smile.gif

One thing that really bothered me...Starvector was a long-running source of KS that we all knew about.. But when Buy.Com put up that they had it, again, someone with lots of money and no feeling for WC bought all the copies and they are now reselling them.
A similar thing happened with Armada... I think it was World Wide Now that had a whole bunch in stock (I got mine from them). Later it turned out someone had bought them all. And yeah, I'll bet it was that Pantera from Starvector. But you can't blame a guy for wanting to make a buck. What do you think this is, Russia?
smile.gif

Next time a source for KS is found *please* post it here and not on the main news page, so that real fans have a chance to get copies first...
I know several real fans who never read the chatzone, and they have as much right to be informed as you. I myself only started visiting after taking over the admin position. And that goes for not so fanatical fans who want a copy too. Everyone should have the right to find out at the same time. Again, this isn't Russia
smile.gif
So, not a chance pal
smile.gif

There was no way you could have known that would happen, but if I remember, NO ONE ever got their copy from Buy.com
That's how things work in the free world though. Deal with it
smile.gif

My order is still outstanding, on "backorder". I'm thinking of e-mailing the vice president of customer service or whatever and complaining of false advertising. Maybe they'll grab a copy off eBay and send it to me or something..
First come, first served. Nobody did anything wrong here...

Last edited:
I know several real fans who never read the chatzone, and they have as much right to be informed as you. I myself only started visiting
after taking over the admin position. And that goes for not so fanatical fans who want a copy too. Everyone should have the right to
find out at the same time. Again, this isn't Russia So, not a chance pal

Damn right... if Kris finds out about a source we expect to hear about it in #wingnut or AGWC first
smile.gif
(though most of the regulars in #wingnut and AGWC have it already or don't care)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Looks like I made out like a bandit, I got my KS for only $40.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I`ve been doing some analysis of the the auctions on the KS at ebay, and I think the only reason they go for so much is that people don`t know how to bid.
Even when the auction is still a week before ending the price already goes up to 100$. It`s really stupid, because if they waited until a couple of hours before the auction ends, they could get it at a much lower price. people also tend to bid an initially high price instead of letting it climb slowly buck-by-buck.
If people would bid like that, you could probably get it for a 100 bucks instead of 3.

Still, a hundred bucks is a lot for a game.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I gotmy copy when I was on vacation with my girlfriend and her family and I saw it in a store for $40 and I was like honey since I had nomoney at the time could you pleases buy this game for me and that's how I got mine. The strong shall survive!!!!

conspiracy theory: if the price doesnt climb fast enough, one of the owners puts out a bid and jacks the price, panicking the fans...

just a thought...

They say Harrod's store in London can get you anything. even an elephant. Even KS?
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Chernikov said:
conspiracy theory: if the price doesnt climb fast enough, one of the owners puts out a bid and jacks the price, panicking the fans...

just a thought...

Of course they do that. If we could prove that the user jacking up the price and the seller are the same person..eBay would bust 'em big time.

You sometimes hear about things like that, eBay does notice (IP tracking I suppose). I think it's safe to say that people are indeed crazy/rich enough to pay $200 or more for Kilrathi Saga.

Only problam is if the seller jacks the price a bit to up, then no one else bids
biggrin.gif
!

If I were to jack up the price I'd just go to the library and bid from there.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

yeah, if he buys his own copy then he just gives it another try, with a slightly lower "jack" ratio. Ill stop here before I say something really wrong...

Back