How hard do you want Unknown Enemy 2 to be?

How hard do you want UE2s missions to be?

• Much harder than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Slightly harder than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • About as hard as Unknown Enemy

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Slightly easier than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Much easier than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by BattleDog
The First Couple of Missions should always be milk runs though. I thought that making the second mission Capture the Fralthi wasn't the best move. It would have been nice to have another patrol in there, just to get used to the Scim.
Heh. If it makes you feel any better, originally Capture the Fralthi was the first mission :).

...just to get used to the Scim.

Why would you want to do that? Capture the Fralthi is much easier when you're in an Epee :p

--Eder

Anything that requires more than eight replays on Ace is too much.

The First Couple of Missions should always be milk runs though. I thought that making the second mission Capture the Fralthi wasn't the best move. It would have been nice to have another patrol in there, just to get used to the Scim.

I think all the game missions should be tough. Put all milkruns in the simulator.

Edar, how do you wild weasal in an Epee, it's hard enough in a Scim! Have you ever noticed the your wigman in an Epee is always the first to Frag. plus I can't nail the Vaktoths fast enough in an Epee.

The answer is the Stormfire. I had never any problems to reduce the Vaktoths to glowing scrap with it.

Wildweasel runs in the Epee are *extremely* simple. There's only three things to keep in mind... from the most important to the least important: autoslide, dumbfires, and the stormfire :)

--Eder

Edar, how do you wild weasal in an Epee, it's hard enough in a Scim! Have you ever noticed the your wigman in an Epee is always the first to Frag. plus I can't nail the Vaktoths fast enough in an Epee.
Really? That's actually very strange, because my impression has been the exact opposite - the Epee wingmen usually survived longer than the Scims. I was, quite frankly, shocked ;).

Indeed. In this particular mission I almost always lose the Scimitar wingman to the Vaktoths, before even reaching the Fralthi.

--Eder

Oh, taking the Vaktoths out is no problem at all. It's just that I always locked the Epee's afterburners towards the Fralthi's location instead of sticking around to fight. Then the poor wingman in the Scimitar isn't able to keep up and the Vaktoths get him. :D

I only managed to keep him alive once, IIRC, because after locking the burners, I managed to take two Vaktoths out taking shots at them while autosliding :p

--Eder

The best strategy for mission 2, after you reach the Fralthi, is to concentrate on the fighters. You see, the Fralthi ain´t leaving the place, so nail all the fighters, blast a couple of turrets, then destroy the incoming fighters, then blast a couple of turrets..................

The important thing is: don´t let the enemy fighters overwhelm you, if you leave your wingmen to nail the fighters alone, and concentrate on the Fralthi, they will die and pretty soon you will be alone in space, in a Scimitar :eek: with 10 cats and a Fralthi firing at you.

Autosliding is very powerful there. Try to conserve your dumbfires for the turrets. Afterburn to max speed to th Fralthi, then autoslide while shooting on the turrets. They arent very good at hitting autosliding targets. Note: this can get problematic with a dozen cats on your tail

When flying the Epee, don't AB towards the Fralthi straightaway. You have at least 10-20 seconds to spare, since the mission is timed for the Scimitar. Kill a Vaktoth or two.

Using DFs on the Vaktoths is a waste. It's best to save the DFs for the missile turrets. Don't use the HS on the Vaktoths either, since each HS is a dead Dralthi.

Nope, you have to go to the Navmap and select the Fralthi nav point, and then afterburn towards the white cross (press N if the white cross is not visible--the white arrowhead will point towards it if it is offscreen).

I´m tired of fighting against the bugs.
Maybe a game from the Kilrathi POV?, like a Civil War or against the UBW?
Or Confed/UBW against Pirates or Kilrathi/Human Rogue Factions.

If you want to make something against the bugs, for God´s sake, that the UBW/Confed takes the initiative and trash some Bug Planet ot Outpost.

Back