How hard do you want Unknown Enemy 2 to be?

How hard do you want UE2s missions to be?

• Much harder than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Slightly harder than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • About as hard as Unknown Enemy

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Slightly easier than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Much easier than Unknown Enemy

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Pedro

Admiral
Ok I'm thinking around 30 missions and IIRC Quarto was thinking of around 20 so how hard do you want each mission to be baring in mind an increased length?

Well don't blame me for mission 3, its me you've got to thank for the fact that you get to refuel twice in that mission :)

Just as hard, with a little more balanced mission design. You can make missions even harder if allow the player to save to avoid useless and borig replaying.

Originally posted by Pedro
Well don't blame me for mission 3, its me you've got to thank for the fact that you get to refuel twice in that mission :)

And you can thank me that your stormfire also gets refuelled at that occastions ;)

Originally posted by Pedro
Ok I'm thinking around 30 missions and IIRC Quarto was thinking of around 20 so how hard do you want each mission to be baring in mind an increased length?

I would think like 20 missions for the winning path plus about 10 or so losing-path missions? The general difficulty level of UE1 was ok, but some parts were a bit confusing, like the endless waves of Squid in mission 9. Perhaps on that one, you should have had a specific time limit after which the Avenger gets destroyed and you get a "mission failed" message. Anyway, I liked that there was a bit of time pressure in many missions, although some of them cut it a bit too close.

Difficulty is OK. If you could create more multi capship missions in the style of last mission of winning path it would be great!

That mission was cool but it was one of the easiests of the game... Neither Mr. Daniels or the Dauntless gets shot at much, so it´s just a matter of random bugshooting until the Eisen arrives.

Hey I'm glad to see the reaction, its nice to know people are happy with the difficulty of UE, it was always a matter of debate between team members :)

And you think your masoquistic tendencies should be object of praise? Someone even voted for “much harder”.

Originally posted by Delance
And you think your masoquistic tendencies should be object of praise? Someone even voted for “much harder”.

Hehe, that was me :D

If I can survive it on nightmare it should be harder

Edit: Typos

Just how hard would you like it to be? Should I just rig the mission to destroy your ship after five seconds? :D

While the missions should be able to challenge the best of pilots at Nightmare level, I think that it should be possible for novice pilots to pass the missions on Rookie level without resorting to using Invulnerability. The harder missions of UE1 are at about the right level for that.

The First Couple of Missions should always be milk runs though. I thought that making the second mission Capture the Fralthi wasn't the best move. It would have been nice to have another patrol in there, just to get used to the Scim.

I would like a difficult game but the sim missions in UE were, for the most part, far too difficult. I couldn't even finish the gauntlet mission against the kilrathi on anything higher than rookie (in a rock fighter).

Back