Has anyone noticed THIS inconsistancy?

Nay, CPO is a Navy rank. The Space Force equivalent would be a Senior Spacehand. And the closest to a Kilrathi equivalent would be a First Claw.

Master Chief Petty Officer is the highest enlisted rank in the Navy. Seems odd for one to be serving on a carrier, but considering what the Midway was I guess it makes sense.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi5 said:
Master Chief Petty Officer is the highest enlisted rank in the Navy. Seems odd for one to be serving on a carrier, but considering what the Midway was I guess it makes sense.

There is a higher enlisted rank, MCPON (MCPO of the Navy; E-12, IIRC), but there's only one of those, advising the Secretary of the Navy on enlisted personnel issues.

As for an MCPO serving on a carrier, why not? There's nothing any more special about an MCPO than a Seaman Recruit, in terms of the types of platforms they can serve on. For anything bigger than a dingy there's at least one MCPO, serving as Command Master Chief, who, similar to the MCPON, advises his commanders on enlisted crew issues, in addition to his/her normal duties for whatever rating s/he is in.

(Note this is talking about today's Navy [20th century]. Substitute the WC equivalent ranks as necessary.)

In short, Dralthi5, try not speaking out your a** next time...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited November 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Q. I finally got round to checking Victory Streak and finding that my memory wasn't up to scratch.

And Death, that's a bit harsh on Dralthi. "We're only pilots..."

Yeah, Death. Jeez.

Oh, and considering there is no E-10 or E-11, I don't see how there can be an E-12.

See, we all make mistakes.
wink2.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

In relation to this topic, I have one interesting thing to add.

The nature of the Wing Commander Academy cartoon series, although as fun as it is, has been open to some light debate for the fans, but not as hot as the movie.

Anyway, I haven't download the High res cartoons Lesnick made, but I did however notice something really... really wrong in the first episode of the cartoon. Yes, I wathced the RealPlayer cartoon... and guess what: THE KILRATHI HAVE FIVE FINGERS!!!!

-RVN

The number of fingers the Kilrathi have fluctuated wildly during the first two WCs anyway
smile.gif
. As such, the mistake is quite forgivable... not to mention, too insignificant to make a difference.

Fingers...

Hey! The Kilrathi in the movie also have five fingers! Notice the scene where Blair fights the Kilrahi onboard the command ship, where one Kilrathi extends his claws... count them!

Well... perhaps it's a result of evolutionary... the first intelligent Kilrathi had eight fingers... and their whole culture was based on eight... but when they began to reach space age, maybe they sprung another finger...

OR... they prefer to count without using their thumbs :)

Hey... I made a smile :)

-RVN

What do you mean it's not justified? It fits perfectly with Death's callsign. I wish I could have a little earthworm under my generals bars...

Being one of the main Admin people, Death is perfectly justified in having a special rank symbol... especially when he chooses one that appropriate :).

Images

Originally posted by Wedge009
No, I see it too. That's hideous! It's not even justified like LOAF's Merry Guild thingy.

What's not justified about a posting image of Death for Death?

(Lifted, for the curious, from an image of the tarot card of Death I saw on the web.)

And before anyone asks, no, we will not set a custom image for you, period. <Blair>It's... a privelege of rank.</Blair>

Deal: anyone with the rank of Major General or above may replace their rank with a tastefull picture.

Back